1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 info?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 1slowguy, Dec 12, 2001.

1. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

I was planning on selling my 94 cbr 600, but if I read correctly, it is now eligable for V 7. Questions.. (I'm new to Wera racing so be gentle, but im a great BBS lurker) [​IMG]
    1.Are these classes held every weekend?
    2.the bike is basicly stock.. is it worth putting more money in it? (i plan on racing the 750 class already, i was selling the 600 to help cost of buying a newer 600 or sv)
    3.how are the practices/races ran?
    (will running a 750 sportsman and vintage 600 cause problems with practice/races?)
    4.when are the 2002 rulebooks available?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

2. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

You have wandered onto rather controversial ground. Don't expect an answer anytime soon. [​IMG]

3. 1slowguy

[​IMG] [​IMG] thanks for the warning [​IMG]

4. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Anytime! Anytime! [​IMG]

5. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

6. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Mark is correct in his V7 comments. I guess I'm responsible for V7 (or it's my fault, depending on your point of view). V7 was envisioned as a place for those machines that are not quite up to the task of running with the latest and greatest.

You say your new to WERA, so I'll give you a few insights as to the machines. Yes, V7 will run under WERA Superbike rules, but most machines have seen duty as Superstock machines. Those machines that are called Superbike have slicks and maybe aftermarket wheels, brakes and rotors with few engine mods. I haven't seen an all-out fire-breathing 600 motor in what seems like ages.

As far as building your machine, I'd suggest taking the sane (?) approach: pipe, jet kit, suspension, tires, brakes. If you have enough cash (or faith in your stock options), build that monster 600 motor, but be sure you stay within the rules regarding overbore.

As Mark said, you will practice with other 600cc machines in either the Novice or Expert group, depending on your license status. Vintage races do not differentiate between Expert and Novice. V7 will run at selected events and share the track (as a 2nd wave start) with either "B" Superbike Expert or "A" Superstock. There is a 4-race SE Region WERA Vintage Championship that should be close by you - Roebling, Talledega, CMP, maybe VIR and Road A - check the WERA Vintage schedule. Venture a bit further north to Summit Point for NE/MA races.

Give it a shot. Have fun!

------------------
    George
    THE Rain Director

[This message has been edited by Rain Director (edited 12-14-2001).]

7. 1slowguy

Thanks for the advice.
    All of the info really helped clear things up. I will continue checking on the v7 class... sounds like a lot of fun.
    I am going to run selected "novice" 750 races on my 750, and im just trying to figure out what to do with my current trackbike (slow,stock) 1st half rider, second part bike. [​IMG]
    thanks again for the replies...

8. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

What color of number plates will we run in V7?

9. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Thew book calls for white plates for V4, 5 and 6. From a Race Director's point of view, if a V7 rider were a novice and runs the V7 bike in non-Vintage races, keeping the yellow plates for V7 is OK with me. As a matter of fact, a yellow plate will identify the V7 riders from whatever race it is combined with.

This is NOT the final word, just my thoughts.

------------------
    George
    THE Rain Director