1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v7 at RRR

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rcmike917, Mar 19, 2006.

1. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Who won? Who left in tears?:Pop:

2. melch

melch V7 Pusher

I think they let me win Mike because it was my B,day.Fun race,good grid and thanks to Dyle for sending me some carbs to use.I had issue's with a bike I had never ridden but the carbs got me through it.Suspension was way too soft but did the best I could without the greatly missed thermosman.

Borg got second and is looking extremly smooth
    Stick got third and passed me halfway down the front straight and just kept walking.His mega motor seems to be very Mega.
    Dennis got fourth on his black beauty.Still has the orange fender though.

Dont remember the rest,but the HW race was fun as well.
    No crashing rule was in effect and everyone stayed up.

It was all good!!:up:

3. rcmike917

Coongrats on the win Brian! Sounds like some good racing!

Mike

4. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

V7HW was the most competitive of the day. On the last lap a picture was taken in turn 5 and the top 5 were in the picture. The margin of victory was
    .001. As predicted by me the katana motor was slow and Stickboy was not surprised when I could not draft by.

5. rcmike917

It looks like Stickboy's bike is a lot faster than it was..hmmm

6. gregcbr

gregcbr Well-Known Member

congrats bryan, glad to here everyone fun

7. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Thanks Greg and hope you are healing quickly.I know you wanted to be there.In your down time how about having that Fox rebuilt.None of us want to see that happen to you again.Cheap insurance.

Mike I have a dyno sheet for this new bike I have that shows 106.9 at 13K.However I could not get the flatslides to work and had bone stock carbs so Im sure I was way off that number but Stick's bike just walks from it.It is definetly this fastest 7MW bike I have seen.Plus he seem's to have found some new confidence,which Im glad to see and has been along time coming I think.I always have said he can definetly ride when he decides to really try.Big congrats to him.He seems to have gotten his mojo back.:up:

Yes Hw less than one second between top 4 at the line.Congrats to Ray I enjoyed racing with him.Very clean,good and 1st class rider.Unfortunatly my teammate didnt wake up till the halfway flag on his monster and his clutch was slipping badly.Lost by 1 thousanth of a sec. and Boz brought a knife to a gunfight,but he still had a large time anyway,as usual.

:rock: :beer:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  8. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

congrats to the 7 crew.....wish the kid and I had been there to run with yall....glad those carbs got to you in time melch....it all happened and played out so fast....anyways see all you at nashville..think we are gonna run the national even next month at tally on the vintage bikes but should make for some good throttle time.......see yall soon

9. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

Sounds like a good time. Glad everyone kept the bikes purty (well, as purty as V7 bikes get I guess)

Does this mean when I get back on the track that Stick might actually be able to keep up with me? Esp. at horsepower tracks like Road ATL, oh boy will the Stickboy motor on by the lil' smoker? Sounds like it will.......

Nelson 107 hp ???????????? holy canolies batman

10. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

107HP Champ motor?!

New Stickboy motor..............

I could barely stay in Borgs draft down the front straight.......New Borg motor??

This is gonna be an interesting year.

11. Outsider V6 V7

New Hickman motor, New Mayfield motor, New Stickboy motor, New Nelson Motor, Several new Burroughs combinations, New Turbine for EBOZ. Beware of Jet wash and melting plastic.
    Eboz

12. rcmike917

Wow Brian..those are some good numbers! I remember helping some friends race back in the mid 90's. The f2 and f3's were making between 105hp and 110hp in full superbike trim depending on how radical and how much money you wanted to spend. The zx6r was good for a couple more but became fragile from what I remember.

So, I guess the question is..who's doing the best motor work. Some of the big names don't work on anything as old as a v7 bike. I used Full Spectrum Racing down in Orlando to build my 86 GSXR 750 motor. Dick Swaraz built it from the crank up and when all was said and done it dynoed out around 110 on pump gas. I thought that was pretty good considering what it was and how the bike was still streetable. If my zx6r stays the motor is definitely coming out for a rebuild.

Mike

13. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

7hw

Sorry to scare everyone with my bog start, glad I was close to the wall!
    Big Mikuni's set for an 11 don't work very well in a 750.

Note to RCMike: Full Spectrum isn't interested in working on Vintage motors.
    Dick only wants to work on modern stuff he can turn around quick to make the $$. I have very recent personal experience with this. I can elaborate in person- enough dirty laundry.

Great to see some new faces & always glad to see returning stars.
    Ray edged out the Yellow Monster?! Did Doug use up his mojo on Fri?
    Or was it in the Sat Nite practice round?
    This class is really heating up, should be a great season!
    :rock:
    :beer:
    :up:

Note to Outsider: Thanks for skipping 6HW, I got wood!

14. rcmike917

Note to RCMike: Full Spectrum isn't interested in working on Vintage motors.
    Dick only wants to work on modern stuff he can turn around quick to make the $$. I have very recent personal experience with this. I can elaborate in person- enough dirty laundry.

I've heard the same thing lately. The place has become a little shady. The guys do ok work on the new stuff but just want fast cash. It was back 99 when they did the work for me and even then the motor had to be out(no big deal really, I know a lot of shops are like this) because the bike was to old.

On another note...I just saw my laps and you guys were rolling around that place. The grids look good too.:up:
    Mike

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  15. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

that is some good power hes putting out....we dinoed this 96f3 when I first got it back in feb and bone stock with stock pipe was alittle over 80....
    hey skwid did you send those back with your girl...havent called her yet as we have had a long weekend.....congrats on that 3rd by the way...how come boz didnt run it...know he said he was running the katana but what size was it.......

16. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Here are some sequential race photos Martha took from the V7 HW race: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Boz is right. Great racing this weekend.

Threadjack: I packed up and went home ASAP after my race, D SB Nov. Kinda disappointed with my personal performance, never thought to check the results before we tore outta there. Checked My Laps this morning, found out I actually won the damn thing. My first race win, and I had no idea. Ding, fries are done. :rolleyes:

-HJK

17. Outsider V6 V7

Howard, can you please send me this series of pictures to my home email
    [email protected] so that I may photo shop myself back to the front of the pack.
    Eboz

18. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

wowser

Great pictures, looks like the SE is the region to be in. we are really hoping to make Barber first of may and maybe come to RRR in june....If that damn thing they call a job doesnt get in the way

:up:

19. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

I had a great time this weekend, too bad I couldn't make it into any of the pics above. Big thanks to Bryan for helping get my carbs sorted out and my bike running!

Barber should be my next weekend out racing, hopefully I can get more comfortable on the F3 with more seat time and get myself back up to speed. Maybe I'll be able to run my fastest laps in the races as well instead of being one second slower than my practice times, doh!

See everyone at Barber!

20. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

:D :up: Sure thing, I'll get right on that!

-HJK