1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 and V8 clarification questions.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by RyanDCramer, Oct 8, 2019.

1. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

Hello,

I've read the rules on the website regarding V7 and V8 HW.

If I am reading this right,

Say a 1994 750cc Sportbike from any manufacturer could have unlimited Superbike mods regarding suspension, brakes, chassis (I.E. Swingarm) and wheels and run in both V7 and V8 HW. The engines just have to remain SS spec?

As well as just A superbike if you're feeling frisky, correct?

Thanks

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't think you are reading it right. There are a couple of 1000cc bike that are restricted to SS engines. All 750s are allowed full superbike builds for V7 and V8 Heavy. You could also run B superbike, A superbike and F1.

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Pre 96 750 can be full superbike.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Superbike engine is fine as well for a 94 750. The SS spec is only for certain models of either larger displacement or more modern bikes than the class norms. Same for V8. A 750 Superbike can run B Superbike as well as A Superbike and F1 - and Senior Superbike HW if you're over 40.

RyanDCramer likes this.
  5. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for clarifying everyone!! I'm building a '94 YZF 750R with suspension and chassis upgrades. Just wanted to make sure I can race this thing in multiple classes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Hey Ryan...just make sure that you don't swap the front end with radial brakes and make sure if you swap the swingarm, that you keep the same "style" that was available for the period as far as bracing and such is concerned. No 6" rear wheel either...5.5" is the max for V7.

In other words, don't put an RSV4 front end on it like you did on your EBR Superbike...that won't fly in the vintage classes.

Good luck with the build. I'll see you at Grattan!

Post some pics of your build.

Regards,
    Chad