1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-4 roebling road

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by #156, May 14, 2017.

#156 Well-Known Member

How have you and your son been mike?

Duck150 likes this.
  2. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

Wayne,
    We are doing great! Matt got married, and has blessed is with a grandbaby. I got hunt pretty bad in a trackday crash a few years ago, changed my life, and also Mona and Matts. Sold my old BMW racebike and more recently my K12RS, bought a Triumph 900 Thruxton as my streetbike. Loving it!!! Hope you and family are all good.

Mike Kelly
    Stanley, NC

#156 Well-Known Member

Me and teresa are good. We now live in florida. I don't race much anymore. I'm getting old and alot slower.. Good to hear from a old foe.

4. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Still trying to make, back to back weekends is making me think hard on which one To attend.....

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

The decision is easy - BOTH.

Cheers,

Dave

Harry V. III likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I was thinking :D

We cut a lot of vintage racing over the years so I wouldn't think with all the breaks that a back to back would be a huge issue. Of course I'd love not to have the events this close to each other at all. Not my choice for sure.

7. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Hard to make these old bikes run 2 in a row ..lm gonna try !

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Is Doug Bowie showing a chink in the armour?....or is he just getting old?:)

I can recall the old days racing with Doug 3 weekends in a row (crashing AND breaking), 1 off, then racing again....AND receiving numerous "Are You Done Yet?" phone calls from Mr. Bowie.....????...WTH is going on here?

Doug Bowie talking about "Too Much Racing?".....is the end of the world near? A collapse of our species? Invasion of aliens?

I'm glad to see Mr. Rutherford hasn't changed any.....I guess in the end, he is just aging better than his long time Rival and friend Mr. Bowie.:Poke::beer:

9. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

No Charlie.... I'm always ready for a good race or fight.... it's just that kids in college thing, and running your own business can catch up to you sometimes ......

10. CharlieY

Dang, you really are changing....I cant even get you going anymore!!!!

Good luck at Roebling if you go.

Duck150 likes this.
  11. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Kids in college? Let them handle that. They're old enough and ostensibly responsible.

Running your own business? Yes, I know that tune . . . . But, as your own boss, you're in control . . . . At least that's the theory, . . . right up until those pesky clients interfere.

Doug - the day we cannot race will be upon us sooner than we want. Carpe Racium - seize the race opportunity. One good thing about back-to-backs (if all goes well): you don't unload the trailer. Makes it easier. And Road Atlanta is in your backyard - it's not even like traveling.

Have we sufficiently shamed you into appearing? If not, I'm confident there is plenty more abuse to be piled on by the WERA Vintage collective.
    See ya in Savannah. Leaving shortly.

Cheers,

Dave

12. CharlieY

YEA!....WHAT DAVID SAID!...A "Doug Bowie pile on" has been called.....where is Walker???...Where is Scudder??

Bowie you frikkin SLACKER (from the guy who hasn't "raced" in a few yrs:rolleyes:)

Dougs not pissed off all the time anymore.....something just aint right.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'd be racing both if I could. Do it while you can........

ringdingding and 83BSA like this.
  14. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

I agree with Joe… Do it while you can!

15. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

Things change....do it while you can!

16. bj

bj Well-Known Member

I'm here and Bucky will be shorty. Come on out Doogie.

17. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Back to back to back if you race AHRMA too. Too many in a row for me...

RRR was fun, sorted out some bugs and got some of my mojo back. Going to sit out Road A, then hit road America the following weeknd. More of the same in July with Barber, Mid ohio and njmp all back to back to back.