1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-4 2018

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Harry V. III, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

To much work to be ready for February .... Busy, first gig is going so well got hired for a second case.

Lightweight Superbike (@470) depending how the motor comes out probably out gunned, how many ponies the Cagiva's going to make? maybe we can rub elbows like the old days when I started in F-RD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    CharlieY and yamageezer like this.
  2. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

David, what were those two new pistons? Looked awful big........

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Lawyer Dude, what's the latest update on the Cacati? My engines out, cylinders getting bored this week, SV triples fitted with new bearings, head on bench for quick valve job, superbike bars mounted, swingarm installed with shock mounts mocked up and will be dropped for welding tomorrow. Hoping to have cylinders back Friday for engine assembly this weekend. Optimistic of course. Harry said he checked his valves, changed oil and charged his battery.

4. Outsider V6 V7

Did I mention that the front forks fought me hard for two days. One cap refused to come off and both internal damping tubes spun when I tried to loosen and separate the tubes from the legs. The SV forks don't have a hexagonal cap where I could have used a bolt head to hold them, instead they use the tapered tube. being of thrifty nature I spent 10 bucks on a tapered wooden rake handle and gently tapped it in with a rubber hammer. Any way one fork done other on the agenda.

5. Outsider V6 V7

Easy stuff is getting done. Here's a progress update on bodywork coming together. Chucky laying it down smooth on the KZ550 supersport. KZ fender.jpg KZ tail.jpg

Harry V. III and pscook like this.
  6. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

What is the latest ? EBoz ? Counselor?

Bueller ? Anyone?

7. Outsider V6 V7

quit stalking me Vanderlindengerberstein. Ok so probably was a bad idea to be building two bikes while finishing my basement but all projects coming along nicely. Both the KZ and GSXR engines will go in tomorrow then it should go fairly quickly, like a few more months. LOL Anyway engine is done, carbs, done, front end done as soon as Rutherford sends me the fender mounts. Paint looks good but tank graphics were challenging so not perfect. Kz bodywork.jpg

TLR67 and JBall like this.
  8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Fender mounts are supposed to ship Tuesday. After waiting 2 weeks without a peep, I called supplier, who informed me 3 of my 4 had ben backordered. Well, I said, that would have been nice to know . . . 10 days ago.

I'm counting on Eboz running the tires shown in the picture . . . he can use warmers.

Cheers,

Dave

9. Outsider V6 V7

No problem Dave. I ordered a bunch of stuff from bike bandit last week. I received 6 emails stating everything I ordered was no longer available from manufacturer. the next day I got an email that everything had shipped and I got it all today. LOL Don't be hating on these fine tires there probably good for 20,000 on the street.

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I'm loving those tires . . . so long as you're running them. I believe that rear is a Michelin 99A. Ran them for years on the street, and I swear by them. Hence, you need to use 'em up . . . on the track . . . against me. Now, Harry, . . . there is a different story. He has a history of quasi-legal (a generous description) tire usage. Sizes, compounds, warmers, . . . . The man seems to find a loophole in the rules wherever he looks. I think we need copies of the applicable sections of the various rulebooks duct taped to our gas tanks for quick reference as we see things on Harry's bike. That and a readily available $20 bill for the protest when exiting the track after a race. Get ready Vanderlindengerberstein . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

11. Outsider V6 V7

Dave, so true about VDLDGBS, I once heard him tell someone, I didn't know tire warmers were illegal. LOL I think he operates a lot like a drug cartel. You give up the small bust to get the big deal done. Obviously the tire warmer ploy was to distract the owls from the 685 motor, radial master cylinder and keihin flat slides.

12. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

What are you guys talking about ????? My bike is STOCK I'm just a country boy racing my junk yard dog. Maybe I'll stop training with George Dickle and let Stu work on the bike. Will that make you happy ?

13. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Having Stu fettle your bike will go a long way to appeasing me. Do NOT, however, change the George Dickle routine. I tried that for a brief period, and the results were disasterous. The entire world changed. I became less tolerant and understanding, things mechanical required closer tolerances . . . it was not pretty. Eboz and I require you to stay on the Dickle so you'll tolerate our rules "interpretations", and understand excuses for not immediately running at the pointy end.

Right now, I'm trying to grasp this time warp I seem to have stumbled into . . . something happened to approximately one hour of my life for which I cannot account . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

WERA33 likes this.
  14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Oh, I was Dickled last night, or was if Marked by a Maker, or was it Bullitted . . . . Something about those wedding receptions in college towns, . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

Harry V. III likes this.
  15. Outsider V6 V7

Okay so I send Harry a few pictures of the progress made over the weekend and he sends me back a picture of an updated, ported head with new carburetors. I mean C'mon Vanderlindengerberstein, big Dave is a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier, I'm easily 80 pounds heavier and a whole lot more sexy, and you are talking about us having an advantage. We know 2 things to be true, Dave can't get shorter and I refuse to give up my round, cuddly sexiness. Leave it stock. LOL
    KZ gages bars.jpg

16. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Ported head?! New carbs?! WTF?????!!!!! And, that's just the stuff Harry is willing to disclose.

I'm modifying my gas tank to include a small, zippered pouch on top, right behind the filler. That's for the stack of $20's and protest forms I'll have ready as I come off the track, . . . well behind Vanderlindengerberstein. Sorta like havin' a roll of bills handy when going into the North Avenue Ballet . . . .

Sheesh, Vanderlindengerberstein has a race-proven machine, with multiple championships in its resume, whereas Eboz & I are building bikes from the junkyard up, neither has started either bike, much less rode it down the road to see how badly they wobble, we are poster children for Human Air-Dams, and already harry is planning to bring a gun to a knife fight.

Note that Vanderlindengerberstein did NOT send aforementioned photo to the attorney & rulebook interpreter . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

17. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

You are doing everything to that bike that I wanted to do. I'm glad it went to good hands! Looks good, I can't wait to see it at the track.

18. Outsider V6 V7

LOL, for the record it's fought me every step of the way. Not sure what came out of the tank but 3 etchings and a final seal seemed to rectify the problem. Graphics are all jacked up but I'll worry about that later. When I bought it I looked at the frame and the main electrical harness, which surprisingly was in decent shape. The only other parts that were not touched or replaced were the seat latch and the on/off start button. Everything else is new.

19. Outsider V6 V7

20. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Is that a NEW head? It looks right off the factory shelf - unblemished, unscathed, hardly tantamount to the old stuff the rest of us are running. And, I'll bet those carb bodies have seen a mill . . . . Plus, I suspect the CV caps are just for show, . . . probably flat slide reside beneath them . . . .

Cheers,

Dave