1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-4 2018

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Harry V. III, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Striving to find great rum not called a fetish; it's called a vocation. Fetishes can be found in my bedroom - of which NONE of you on this forum are invited.

2. Hate McDead

Kennessex - Bite your tongue. You and I need to have a 'Come To Jesus' meeting at the track sooner than later. I will personally introduce you to the finer tastes of various Oatmeal Stouts. I would normally suggest that we start the day with a well rounded breakfast stout but something tells me that that sneaky no-good-nik Race Director Jim would frown upon us drinking that early at the track. So as soon as the last flag is thrown, I'll open up the ice chest for us. Just tell me your race schedule.

3. Hate McDead

JC, Normally when I see or hear that your bike broke, I put a padlock on my beer cooler. But since we will probably both be broken down, I will give you the combination to the lock. As far as excuses, I game up with a good one at the first race of the year a while back: For the record, I had crashed my 7R at Barber on the warm up lap on Sunday. At my first race of the following season, I showed up on Saturday with the 7R unrepaired, My excuse was simple: I straight faced lied and said I crashed it during Friday practice. If there's a moral to this story, I can't come up with one other than to bring plenty of beer. Good beer.

joec likes this.
  4. Hate McDead

My Dear Friend Sir Rutherford Esquire,
    Thank you for your always well stated post; there is no equal on this forum when your grammatical essay is tuned and you wax so eloquently. I would not hesitate to have you as my advocate for any cause. However, please allow me to point out one major indescretion concerning your post:
    For fuck's sake man, you don't have a fucking humble bone in your body. Not from the small bone on the tip of your pinky finger to your femur. Just saying for the record...old buddy.........

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Dr. Mc...
    I am more than familiar with a wide variety of stouts and porters and will gladly share mine and drink yours. You shall have free access to my cooler, unlike the unwashed masses that will drink any swill out of a can. I will have Old Style for them.
    I do like rum.
    Your true pal,
    Ken

joec likes this.
  6. joec

joec brace yourself

That's awesome.

7. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Harold and Mr. Rutherford thought I'd give an update on my progress. Wiring harness has been simplified and appropriately marked for ease of troubleshooting. Tonight swapped front end races and bearings for the SV650 swap. Fender, fork seals, braided lines arrive tomorrow so front end should be complete Sunday. Tank has been cleaned, etched and lined and goes to Chuck for paint Friday; Vintage graphics arrive Monday from Canada. Seat due back from mod and upholstery Thursday of next week. Big bore kit and head gasket arrived last week and I've scheduled some time at Marrs Performance next Friday for boring and quick valve job:crackup::crackup:. Finally got my K and L motorcycle engine stand so I'll have a chance to use it. Swingarm due Wednesday and I've got the aluminum shock mounts from Z1 enterprise ready to go. Thanks Wes Orloff for the swingarm recommendation. Carbs cleaned and rebuilt, will order Jet Kit after I see what it looks like on the dyno. Rearsets, shocks, chain and sprockets ready to go. So basically I need bars, grips and some of those delicious green number plates. LOL How's your project coming along Dave. Harry just texted me saying his valves were all in spec. You're going to need more than in spec valves this year Vanderlindengerberstein. Oh and thanks for the Yosh Pipe it cleaned up nicely and I'll pay you in February when I see ya.
    KZ Project.jpg KZ logo.PNG

8. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

So cool ... it's fun to build something new, hope to see it out on the track. I'm spending all my time getting eyes fix, so hope to race some big bikes again .... time will tell.... I loved the old days of V-4 and V-5 so many great memories.....

9. Outsider V6 V7

New rules, the fat guys get a 10 second head start. LOL Good luck with the eyes, don't go to the bargain doctor. LOL I hate building bikes as the last 5% takes 95% of the time.

10. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

So true... I remember it took me a year to get my F1 Duck correct, but when I did .... boy it was worth it .....

11. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Damn The junk yard dog may be in trouble. I did put new rings in it last year. The only update I got is that I have lost 20 pounds.

12. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I hope to be joining the fray at some point although I will be out gunned. I will be sorting out a completely new build (with bump sticks and valves) and will be knocking the rust off my riding skills. V-4 / V5 are the only classes my new ride is legal for in the configuration I am building. If it goes well I might consider building a V-2 or F-500 version

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  13. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Damn Eboz - don't you have a day job? I do, and thus far through the end of 2017 and into the new year it has been fully occupying all of my time. What little spare time I've had has been devoted to the 1985 Cagiva 650 Elefant originally intended for the 2018 AlCan 5000. http://www.alcan5000.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry - Where did you lose 20 lbs? Cut off a leg? I have added my Winter layer of additional body insulation that comes with each Eating Season. Combined with a surgery in December which was accompanied by the Dr.'s instruction to do nothing except lay on the couch, eat, drink beer, watch college football, and sleep often . . . well, you get the idea. And, as history has aptly demonstrated, I ALWAYS follow the Dr.'s instructions . . . .

Bob - don't dally. Get 'er built. Savannah, Feb. 24, 2018, Middleweight Superbike.

Alas, my ride still lacks electrics and sorting, i.e., seeing if it will ever run. much less not wobble too badly. I certainly have my work cut out for me. I hope I don't need to resort to, horror of horrors, seeking Stu's mechanical assistance. If I can catch a break from this legal stuff, I'll throw some incense on the fire, start chanting, break out the herbs, and hope for some electrical magic to occur . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

14. joec

joec brace yourself

Don't forget to swung the chicken over your head...

15. Outsider V6 V7

Harry, if you call yours a junkyard dog then comparatively mine should be called a dumpster rat. Did you see what I started with? LOL

16. Outsider V6 V7

Rutherford, I see the Ducati/Cagiva on the lift in the background. You're not fooling anyone and congrats on the sex change surgery, I'm sure Mrs. Rutherford is thrilled.

Harry V. III likes this.
  17. Outsider V6 V7

For the record I'm in great shape. LOL Assuming round is a shape.

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Can't slip anything past you. Yes, it has been sitting there, exactly like that, untouched, for about 18 months now. Sort of an homage to dreams . . . .

As for the sex change, apparently that is de rigeuer these days. That might just be the first step in getting the sexual harassment I have longed for, and then, I can join the "me too" movement. However, I would not wait 30 -40 years to say something. Thus far, nobody has paid any attention to the white male "me too" assertions I've made over the last 35 years. I guess the timing just wasn't right, what with the whole Title IX, Affirmative Action, Minority Set-Asides, cultural preferences movements taking place. There's a lot to be said for being in the right place at the right time, as opposed to being the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time . . . .

And, back to the topic of this esteemed thread . . . it is looking more and more like again, I'm going to be the wrong guy, in the wrong place in V-4 and Middleweight Superbike with you, Harry, Roy Chapman, Bob Macauley, et al. Oh woe is me . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

19. Vintage Bling

Vintage Bling Well-Known Member

My V4 BMW is up on a lift Trying to give it some long overdue love. But finding time this winter to work on it has not been easy. But it will make a grid at some point this season. Cant let you boys have all the fun without me. Thanks Brad

Duck150 likes this.
  20. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Nooooooo! Not yet another super-fast guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrggghhh!

Just kidding, bring it. That will only make my seat at the back watching all the fast guys bump elbows that much better.

Cheers,

Dave