1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used car guys....what's up??

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I had an E90 and it was a fun car. Easy to work on but some of the engineering choices made no sense at all. Would I buy a new one? Probably a 6 series used but no way without a extended warranty.

2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yup, go for the M2 then.
    Id take a close look at the M2 vs the M2 Competition, I think the M2 Competition does use the same engine as the M3/M4. The regular M2 does not.

I have an S3 and I love it, with the midwest winters I couldnt get myself to buy a RWD car.
    The RS3 is a ridiculous car, donwpipe and a tune and you will be running low 11's.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got to drive an A7 as a loaner while they were prepping the Q and I really liked it but, for me, it was a bit large. I'm sure I could get used to it. The A7 is Sam's powerball car. :)

All I know about the S7 is that the guy that had the Ferrari FF and the Sprinter conversion van that my kid used to play travel with his daughter crashed the holy f@ck out of his S7 inside 3 or 4 months of ownership. He said he got it for his wife and she thought it was too fast and she wanted some big ass MB so he drove it a bit. I think he said he tried getting on it in heavy rain and it bit him (into a jersey wall) if I remember right. Only saw it once and that was from a distance.

Kias are just stupid on how much you get from them for the money. The big SUV is on my list to check out when it's finally time.

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

For the kinda money y'all are talking a used 650hp camaro ZL1 is an option and so much more fun then anything listed so far.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, great car for someone who said the M4 is too big for his needs. :D

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

School me on used car leases on something like the m2 / m4?

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'd be careful about the 6-series ... there's a reason they changed it to 8 and dropped the 6 moniker altogether.

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1786471

8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Built to lease.

Gino230 likes this.
  9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

If you want 2 door VW Audi S5 is nice. Wife has one and we had no problems with it so far.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, I completely spaced and forgot about the A5/S5/ RS5 coupe. :oops:

I also thought they killed off the TTs for the US.

11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Ya know, that's not a terrible point hahaha

12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I am on my second Audi A5 and fricken love my car. Super reliable, just do the oil changes when it tells you and it is extremely lite. I dont think I would want to be in a serious accident as im sure it wont fare well. But I cant say anything bad about Audi. The dealership treats you like a king compared to other brands. You get a free loaner for the day even for oil changes, just fill it back up. They try to upgrade you from what you are driving also. Love it. My 14 year old son is almost 6' tall though and he doesnt like getting in and out of it so I am looking to get an A7 instead.

13. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I drive a 2003 A4 quattro avant. 3 differential Quattro, not the haldex "kind of quattro". Great car and super reliable so far (close to 300k miles,diesel engine).

Do they still come with audi-steer , aka understeer?

I'd definitely go for the M2 competition because it's got the M3/M4 engine, dct or manual, nevermind. Perfect size for a sports coupe.

14. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the A5 sport back 4 door. And TT’s are still around. Saw one last time I was at the dealer for service.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Elvee, crazy Steve has an RS coupe, right?

16. Hyperdyne

I bought my ex wife a Stinger when they first came out. Overall I believe its been a good car and its been reliable but she's pulling the trigger on the Telluride this summer. The story I got from the dealer was that Kia stole a bunch of BMW people to their design and tech departments to elevate their brand.

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

They did, that’s where the tiger nose grill came from. Scalable, adjustable, yet you can always tell it’s a Kia by the front end. Also, side profiles and other design cues are very bimmer-ish. Check out the rear window kink on in the new Forte, for example.

Best way to improve your brand is to poach from one of the all time best.

18. Hyperdyne

The Stinger is very A7/A5 and BMW 645

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit, sounds like being divorced from you is a nice gig.

thrak410 likes this.
  20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

RS 5 is cool, but I think I would like the M4 better. Same price range....