1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used Brembo RCS vs New Accossato

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyGrand, Aug 26, 2015.

1. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

The title says is all - should I pick up the used Brembo RCS (good shape) or the new Accossato - same price...

this will be paired with R6 calipers on my K8 gsxr600 track bike.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I'd say brembo only cause I've never heard of accossato. lol

3. BobbyGrand

4. EngineNoO9

I looked them up. They look nice. I just only have experience with the Brembo radials 19x18 and 19x20. Loved both of them and they worked fantastic.

The accossato looks like a nice piece and is quite affordable too.

5. BobbyGrand

Therein lies the problem lol - I have no experience with either and the price is the same.....used vs new....

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

They are both a big
    Improvement over stock. I've used both and have zero complaints with either.

Both seemed to work and offer similar feel.

Definitely way better than stock imo

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The replacement levers are much cheaper for the Accossato, so that is something to keep in mind as well when looking to build up the spares bin.

8. EngineNoO9

I'd get a folding lever since the price isn't bad. The folding lever on my brembo worked great and saved me a few bills since it didn't break off in a fall. Just got scratched a little.

9. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Do yourself a favor and speak to Geoff at GPtech about a Galespeed master cylinder. They are reasonably priced and very high quality.

10. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Galespeed fo sho.

11. It depends on which one you get. On the Brembo folding lever, if the lever is damaged it will only be the outer 3/4 (after where it folds) that is damaged. And you can replace that piece for about $30. I keep a couple of spares on hand.

12. BobbyGrand

I'm leaning towards the Brembo - the name, the price (new is 365) and I can get this piece for 225. Even tho I love new stuff out of the box lol

13. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

Why get the rcs. You can get a new brembo 19 x 18 for like 260.

14. :stupid:

And IMO, they have different feels. I like the true 19x18 better than the 19RCS set at 19x18.

15. BobbyGrand

16. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

That's a good deal.

17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If you buy the Brembo, do yourself a favor and just buy the repair kit as well. Every crash I've had on the right side has snapped the actuating rod requiring the repair kit...sometimes the repair kits are in short supply...I figure since it's Italian they must be on vacation just when I need one. :D

18. Those fuckers take more, and longer vacations than anybody I have ever seen. It took them 6 months to get my backup D-Air suit built and shipped to me (and shipping only took about a week). The Italians make it seem like the Danish have great work ethics. :crackup:

19. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Do a price check with RD on the 19RCS(300 new i think).....paired with 09 1K calipers was SICK on my 06 GSXR 600....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every August - all August :D