1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Roadracing's future is looking bright!

Discussion in 'General' started by bikerlifemate, May 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. bikerlifemate

bikerlifemate Active Member

Picture for attention:

Really stoked to see the US starting some awesome feeder series for the youth to help get kids ready for Motoamerica or Europe. Really thankful for all the help from all the series, sponsors and, people in the US for helping me get ready for the transition to Europe. MotoAmerica, Ohvale USA and, Forza GP are a few of the great series and companies helping excel youth racing. Stoked for the US's future in racing. Look out Europe

Attached Files:

cav115 and Metalhead like this.
  2. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

With our population and resources there’s no reason why we shouldn’t hold half the motogp paddock...

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Motorcycle riding is still taboo in US culture. Too many parents won't even consider letting their kids ride motorized bikes so we have a very large portion of the talent pool never even getting exposed to it.

cav115, Senna and BROsiah like this.
  4. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

It’s also really costly dude

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

You're right about that. But I think that the attitude towards motorcycles is still the same, even with those who can afford the cost.

cav115 and BigBird like this.
  6. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Motorcycles are toys here in the USA...the culture is very different overseas where motorcycles are viable modes of daily transportation and looked upon very differently. Especially nowadays where everything is considered scary and dangerous due to stupid mentality of another painful discussion. Either way...most parents these days are not even aware of kids racing motorcycles in any discipline.

I'd love to see a lot more exposure, track promotion, sport promotion and better involvement by the general public.

rk97, Gorilla George and cav115 like this.
  7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Doom and gloom here, go somewhere else to post your positive nonsense.

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

So true. When Peter Lenz died the collective soccer mom freakout at learning that kids are allowed to race a motorcycle was pathetic.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Taboo? Guess you missed where Baltimore, Miami, and NYC celebrate MLK day with rogue gangs of ATVs/dirtbikes raising them up in some kind of political protest...lol.

10. six6two

six6two AWD

hahaha "europe" won't be looking any further west than spain until we start raising kids on bikes that teach front end feel.... those squishy 300s are absolute dogshit.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    zrx12man likes this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Shaken bake

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Yep. The US won’t be good at two things ever. Soccer and motorcycle racing. Culture just isn’t there. That’s exactly it. Motorcycles are “bad boy convict” things here but in Europe it’s just transport, yet to me it’s science on wheels. Oh well... until a culture shift happens where we see more of them out daily minus the hood rats (which makes motorcycles look ghetto as opposed to the precise science it really is) it’s gonna be how it is now.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Bullshit. American riders have whipped the worlds collective ass time and time again.
    The only reason it isnt currently happening is the right riders have not been put into the proper seats for them to compete. Period. It has been over a decade since a top level american has entered the fray over there.

six6two likes this.
  14. six6two

six6two AWD

we didn't have the "culture" in the early 90's either...... and racing is expensive everywhere! travel in the US is insane to run a championship, but not compared to the budget it takes to compete at the pro level even without all the miles between rounds. at this point the "poor US" excuses over here are getting pathetic.

our kids won't have a shot over there until MA runs moto 3 and 2 as feeders into sbk. it's pretty simple.

no gp bikes=no gp racers

Scott S. and Motofun352 like this.
  15. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

I was actually thinking of all the top level guys we’ve had in the last 30 years as I wrote that post but it died after Ben Spies. Dunno what happened... I wanna see an American flag fly again like when Kentucky Kid did it :(

16. Jon Wilkens

Well...if it's BS...then why do we not have feeder classes that groom kids from early ages on tracks? It's just the reality of how this sport (any several others) are viewed by public. One of the main issues is that we don't even have a team that is competing at that level over there...let alone any riders. Again...it's just the culture here...it is what it is. Nothing to get defensive over.

17. Jon Wilkens

There is almost zero investment into that type of racing here...again...culture. Compare the club racing here to some of the other 1st world countries organizations...we suck. Just don't have the support from the public or investment into the sport.

I agree that until we start racing kids on gp type equipment, we will be hard pressed to grow one into a gp rider. Times have changed big time since the time of Kenny Roberts.

FrancisA likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Times have changed since tobacco sponsorship was outlawed.

FrancisA likes this.
  19. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

It used to be grassroots... now it’s not really anymore. Nobody seems to be interested in two wheeled anything. I don’t want to venture to say it’s looked down on, but most parents despise bikes for god knows what reason. I mean hell I see the same 100 guys no matter what club I ride with at whatever track on the east coast. Don’t see many new ones comin, let alone younger racers. There’s like one redbull rookie cup guy, in Spain there would be a 100 being trained before they can even write their name.

Hopefully more televised events and more coverage of motoamerica will pique an interest.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  20. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Bingooooo, major shift after that.