1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unofficial "I love to hate the Fastest Man in AMA Superbike" Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Eck, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Mar/060309ai.htm

:Pop:

May favorite is his last statement:

He's good, I hate him, and is someone gonna take him down before he hangs it up?

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'll be impressed when he 'smokes' them in a race instead of a tire test. I won't deny the guy's ability, but he always comes off with some negative toss out comment about someone else. I say don't talk about it, be about it.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The thing I like about the guy is that he isn't on a Honda. :Poke:

4. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Considering the supposed 'superiority' of the WSC bikes over the AMA stuff.....I'd say that he has every right to beat on his chest a little bit.

Everybody knows that spec tires are slower than tire-war tires for obvious reasons, but I think that Mladin could run at the front in WSC, but has chosen his path based on his age and earning potential VS risk.

Whether anyone else agrees with his choices is irrelevant....

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's responding to the comments they made prior to the test more than anything.

6. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Kaw's suck...nope...college su...nope....michigan suc...nope...shit, I got nothin' :D

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

There's a world of difference in what one speculates he could do vs. what he's actually doing. So then, unless he's 'smoking' someone in a WSC race, I think he's blowing himself. I agree with mongo in that his comments are probably a response to comments prior to the test.

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

damn right.:clap:

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

This, coming from a man that sold his race bike just so he could get his duck sicked. :moon:

10. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Those WSB guys are no better than Mladin! Matt is f***ing awesome no matter how much the haters bash him. A true professional who likes to play mind games with his competition. Hard to argue his results. Even when his bike lets him down he takes responsibility instead of blaming his machine. If the other boys don't step it up he will dominate and deserves to. I think the young Hayden may run up front as the season wears on, giving Matt someone to race with.

11. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

after today's performance, i think disalvo is the mastermind of those mind games.... too bad hacking didnt bite the bait though.

12. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

how do you figure he is the mastermind, if he were the mastermind it would have worked ;)
    Hacking didnt take the bait AND beat him across the line :up: