1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undisputed or nearly undisputed GOATs

Discussion in 'General' started by 2blueYam, Jan 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Rocky Stargel's hair
    Metalhead's beard

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Bo Jackson gets my vote for greatest athlete of all time.

Chino52405 and Dan Dubeau like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That is a fact! :crackup:

stk0308 and Stumpy like this.
  4. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Genghis Khan

Check your DNA

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think the top 5 running backs are too close to call to give any one of them a nearly undisputed rating....IMO I think Payton has the top spot, Emmith Smith is right there too. It's amazing what Sanders accomplished at Detroit.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I have to go with Robert Plant. Every guy I knew in the 70's wanted to be Robert Plant...can't same the same about Freddie:D

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'd rather be Jimmy Page.

rd400racer likes this.
  8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I admit I am biased as I grew up in Michigan watching Barry Sanders play. I wish he could have had the Cowboys offensive line. If he did, he would probably set records that would never have been broken.

He was also one of the most chill players on the planet.

Chino52405 likes this.
  9. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

Toni Bou is almost impossible to argue against. Defies physics routinely. Danny MacAskill for the same reasons. Granted my true knowledge about these categories is limited and I'm basing this on youtube but it's the Beeb so ....

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Your last sentence is precisely why I didn't mention these 2 before. They may very well be the best but I only know them from promo material and don't really follow their sports much. What they do seems incredible to me but for all I know, their sport is chock full of guys just like them and what they do is really just normal for any pro in that discipline. Kind of like Ken Block. Probably the most well-known drifter/rally racer in America but if I recall correctly, he doesn't necessarily have a bunch of stats that really set him apart. He's just great at promo material. That said, I do seem to vaguely remember looking up Bou's stats once they were effectively unmatched if I'm remembering correctly.

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Stephane Peterhansel

Knotcher likes this.
  12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Meh, Bruce Lee kicked his ass. :D

OldGuyOnBlu likes this.
  13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Toni Bou is insane in his accomplishments. No way to describe his absolute dominance of both inside and outside FIM trials since 2006 with consecutive titles, including winning pretty much all of the Spanish rounds as well. Just completely dominating. Comparing him to Marquez would diminish Toni's accomplishments.

Once a Wanker.. and stk0308 like this.
  14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Aleksandr Karelin just popped to mind. He may be the only person to hold and lose a GOAT title.

Knotcher likes this.
  15. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Lance Armstrong

:D

Chino52405 likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hank Aaron

Dan Dubeau and StaccatoFan like this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price