1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undisputed or nearly undisputed GOATs

Discussion in 'General' started by 2blueYam, Jan 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So looking for a list or even one Greatest Of All Time in any category that is either undisputed or disputed by say less than 10% of the population that cares about the category. That should pretty much eliminate songs, rock groups, and motorcycle road racing champions. I was going to nominate a couple of folks, but a little google searching tells me they are not undisputed or really even close. Anyone got anything?

Can you tell it is the off-season?

2. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

Khabib Nurmagomedov?

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Wayne Gretzky

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mongo at the bannings.

Papa is like a sniper, one at a time. Slow and methodical.
    I'm the baby seal clubber. Spammers, scammers and gawd dammers but caught behind the scenes and easy to do.

Sean just sends them off the cliff en masse, waiting for them to hit the rocks and then dumps gasoline on them and tosses down a road flare. WHOOOPPP!

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Usain Bolt

6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I spaced on that. Thought you were talking about Dikembe Mutombo at first. "What? The GOAT of sounding like cookie monster?" :oops:

8. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

@stickboy274 is the greatest pink and speckled soul stealing tire slinger of all time.

Rising Sun likes this.
  9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Mike Tyson

Neil Pert

Michael Phelps

DrA5 likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sébastien Loeb

noles19 and masshole like this.
  11. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Rossi. Duh.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Steve Kinser

noles19 likes this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Neil (fixed the spelling for you) was my first thought, but after a bit of research it appears that certainly more than 10% think it is John Bonham (not just Rolling Stone, but other sources as well). I think they smoked too much weed in the 70s, but it doesn't meet the requirements.
    Michael Phelps is probably close, but those that think the answer is Mark Spitz are very likely over 10%.

Loeb - nope, nice try:
    Carlos Sainz crowned The Greatest Driver (wrc.com)

Gretzky? Again nope, too many believe the answer is Howe or Orr.

Bou and Bolt may qualify.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no such thing as an undisputed or even nearly undisputed GOAT. Plenty of people will disagree with any possibility out there.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

You can’t even make an argument for Tyson. I love Iron Mike but you can’t even put him in the top 10.

pushystone and zx6rfool like this.
  16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

RC
    Khabib
    Mayweather
    Tom Brady
    Jordan
    Marquez? TBD...

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Niels Bohr.

Motofun352 and JBall like this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I don't see how any rational person could believe that. As far as domination over a significant period of time at the Olympic level, Phelps is untouchable even without his significant medal count in team events.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People in general tend not to be rational...

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I love Orr and Howe, I've actually shook Gordie's hand, but stat's wise (and pretty much every hockey matrix known), they don't even come close to Gretzky.

Orr is close to the GOAT of defensemen, but not of all time.