1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulster Grand Prix | 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dunno what it is? Look up "The Flying Kilo" on youtube. Ulster Grand Prix is the fastest road race in the world. Arguably the course that changed Guy Martin's life last year in his Come To Jesus Moment.

Hopefully Bruce and Padgett's have the RC213v-s sorted out by now. I'd like to see if Bruce can top his own record there.

Big change this year will be a Superpole session for the fastest qualifiers. Should be real interesting to see what these bikes can do without a draft. Don't expect any crawsplanemodogeepeenigale up the time sheets. It's gonna be Honda vs BMW.

http://ulstergrandprix.net/
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/northern-ireland/motorbikes

Joey's Country.
    [​IMG]

TheGrouchyCat and BHP41 like this.
  2. joec

joec brace yourself

Ah thats a cool photo

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's on! Gary Johnston out. Got himself dinged on a 250.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I think you mean Lee Johnston is out. Gary is rumored to be replacing him on his bikes. Which made me thing, where were Gary's rides? Was he really without any rides for the Ulster? That would be a sin.

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Doh! I always get their names confused. But yeah, the fast one is out. How about Hickman second fastest after MD? Hutchy better step it up. I can't tell if Anstey is on the RC or the Fireblade.

stk0308 likes this.
  6. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

JD out with a flat tire?

7. stk0308

I've seen a picture, said to have been taken at the Ulster, showing Ansty on what looks to be the RC.

Hicky continues to amaze me. He's a hell of an overall racer. Short circuit, or roads.

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

American Newcomer Adam J Bauer managed a fantastic 18th out of 63 starters!

I believe Patricia Fernandez got a 11th on her second time there.

Allow me to be happier and prouder for my dude Adam since I know him personally and I know how hard he fought for this on a personal level.

Congrats of course to all the finishers and those who tried but weren't so lucky.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wow Patty was going for fastest female ever at the Ulster. That may have done it.

10. Olympus Racing

I believe she already was that? No?

11. stk0308

A quick googling shows an article from 2010 celebrating Maria Costello beating Anita Buxton's record female lap with a lap of 114.328(supersport). I found race 2 supersport results for 2015, Pat ran a best 115.180mph. But, Maria was in superstock in 2015 and ran a 116.790. Didn't find Pat in superstock.

Olympus Racing likes this.
  12. stk0308

Weather has not been good this year for the Ulster, so unless things turn around quickly I don't see her beating the race lap I found for Maria. Still, in her second year, doing very well.

13. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Maria has the fastest lap at the Ulster for a female overall...Patricia has the fastest lap on a 600 there

I believe Jenny Tinmouth still holds the fastest average lap of any female on any circuit with an average of around 120 at the TT some years back. Fast chick!

Olympus Racing and stk0308 like this.
  14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Super stoked for Adam. I bet he's still in the beer tent.

15. gpstar748

Gary has rides available. Like many riders out there of his caliber...he won't ride unless he's getting paid, especially at the Ulster.

There is little money to be won there, the organizers are unable pay start money like they used to...and the track is in the middle of nowhere and weather makes it miserable half the time. The track itself is rad though!

Olympus Racing and stk0308 like this.
  16. Olympus Racing

I remember seeing something on fb with a female (which I believe it was Patricia) that held a sign saying faster female
    Road racer in the world.

Very likely it wasn't Patricia but great info mr. Cretu
    Regardless props to these ladies going out there and riding so fast

17. gpstar748

Looks like Davo Johnson had a big off yesterday in dodgy conditions. Get well soon buddy

18. sowega

sowega #710

That's what he said on IG. Tough luck for the kid this year.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got Stiff Little Fingers Alternative Ulster blasting in my head thanks to this thread. :D

caferace likes this.
  20. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Go Adam!

Here is a pic of Adam atop Pikes Peak his first year there - 2014:

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Dave