1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh....Low T

Discussion in 'General' started by Lanceabillion, Nov 10, 2021.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Enanthate

2. I just want to 2nd the comments on Ambien. That is (or can be) bad shit.

1. Like Gino said, your brain does not enter the same states (meaning your type and quality of sleep isn’t as good as “regular” sleep).

2. In some people (I am one of them), Ambien can interfere with GABA and Glycin secretion (the neurotransmitters that prevent muscles from activating while sleeping, aka “sleep paralysis”).

In other words some people have very bad sleep walking episodes on Ambien.

One time I got up, made a protein shake, went to the garage, got in the car, and drank half of it. The wife told me she saw the whole thing, but was scared to wake/startle me. I thought she was bullshitting till I saw the blender bottle sitting in the console.

Another time I got up, and took turns walking to each corner of the bedroom, and shadow boxing for 5-10 seconds. Then I went into the Living Room and turned the TV on, then came and got back in the bed.

One time I took it on a long flight, and when the stewardess woke me up, I was standing in the galley area pouring a tray of waters.

I have zero recollection of any of those activities. I was truly fast asleep.

I haven’t taken it since. While sleep walking stories might sound funny, there are multiple loaded guns in every room in the house. It is terrifying to think what could have happened if my dreams would have been of a different nature.

lazlo and Gino230 like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^^THIS^^^

When my wife told me I got up and made a PBJ one night I told her she was being silly until she showed me the sandwich in the fridge.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

yeah that’s a lot thinner solution than cyp. Cyp is oil based so you need a thicker needle. The half life is longer on cyp

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Not making fun of your situation, but it's hard not to laugh also. Not at the prospect of shooting something while asleep, but regarding the shadow boxing- maybe you could train yourself to workout while sleeping? That could potentially offset the negative effects? :crackup:

6. Maybe so. Would be a good way to get in an extra session per day. :D

The wife said I was really getting after it. I was hissing as I exhaled with every punch, bobbing my head and everything. She was like “There was no way I was going to get anywhere near you. I didn’t want my head knocked off.” :crackup:

I would wear one corner out, then walked across to the other corner and did the same…always facing the corner.

Until suddenly I decided the TV in the living room needed to be on. :crackup:

Then I just got back in the bed like nothing happened.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I get Michael Jackson-level insomnia. They tried Ambien on me a couple of times in the first year after my accident. It didn't do shit. I wasn't even drowsy. Neither did whatever else they said to try.

8. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

Update. Some tests I had that prompted all of this gave me an insanely low embarrassing T number of 130.81. My MD dismissed it. He said he didn't think my weight gain was from Low T, despite me laying out my training schedule and noting that although I am not eating like I am cutting for some bodybuilding contest, I wasn't eating Oreos for my meals. My MD said that once I stop taking T replacement therapy, my problems will return. Yet, he had no answer on how to take care of my problems. Probably just more prescription drugs........

I had my first visit today with a men's health clinic about an hour away. Since I had recent labs, they only did partial labs to fill in some of the blanks of info they need. I'll get results and a plan next week and the good thing is, I can self-administer the injections at home and only run up there twice in the beginning at the 5 and then 10-week mark, and then every 3-4 months thereafter. I am more than willing to give this a try for 6-8 months, because what I was doing before was getting me nowhere. Again, thanks to all for their input and experiences.

Gino230, lazlo and Ducati89 like this.
  9. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Jesus Christ, what state are you in with that MD?

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You really need to buy that woman a Taser so she can take your Ambien-walking ass down when you get pugilistic like that. :D

11. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Pretty sure that taser would just tickle George.

12. I don’t wanna give her any ideas. :D

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I switched for that reason. The half life difference is negligible when injecting twice a week. So no real downside for my application.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Not with all the metal in him, he would be flopping around like a fish.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Tinazidine (tizanidine?) however you spell it... That chit works for me.

I don't trust the horror stories I hear about ambien, so I thought I was just screwed, until I luckily tweaked my back.

Blissful sleep and I don't feel looped the next day.

HPPT and Gorilla George like this.
  16. :stupid:

I’ve been on that every since they rebuilt my spine. The way they had to carve up my back to do what they needed to do, left my back muscles fucked up.

Technically, Tizanidine is classified as a Muscle Relaxer.

But it does help me sleep with zero side effects.

auminer likes this.
  17. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

Update-

Been on injections now for just over 5 weeks.
    My initial T levels prior were 138. It is now 742.

Free T went from 2.9 to 24.2.

Feel a bit better, better energy. Now, we'll see in 6 months if this will help with the stubborn weight loss that hasn't responded to lifting, cycling and walking.

Thanks all to those that helped and furthered this conversation.

Quicktoy, Gino230 and Ducati89 like this.
  18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Last doctor visit , found I have low T levels … but it’s the other T .. Thyroid… so I got Armour Thyroid 15mg @ day ..

19. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Any reason they recommended Armour Thyroid (which is a natural hormone derived from pigs), vs. the synthetic stuff?

I'm interested because I have been on Synthroid for over a year and my new Endocrine DR is also telling me to get off of the synthetic molecule and go natural with NP Thyroid (also derived from pigs).

My former Endocrine DR said hell no - stay with the synthetics... It's all very frustrating because based on my own research, I really don't trust ANY of these fools...

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's a great improvement. That total test is about where mine is naturally, but your free test is about 2x what mine is.....and free test is what counts.