1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC 172 - Jones vs Teixeira

Discussion in 'General' started by socalrider, Apr 22, 2014.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Probably a little early for this thread but I know some people on here follow MMA/UFC. Pay Per View Saturday night.

Thoughts on Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira?
    Phil Davis vs Anthony Johnson?

Phil Davis smack talk vs Jon Jones?

I'm guessing that Jones wins on a decision, although I hope Teixeira wins just to shake up the class.

Phil Davis is my pick for his fight, by knockout.

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I'll admit.... haven't been following/watching like in the past. Was costing me too dang much $ with how many PPV's they have now. :)

Texteira could be a handful for Jones, but I believe Jones has too much length & elusiveness to avoid anything Texteira will have for him. Jones by decision is my guess. ;)

Davis over Johnson by TKO in whatever round. Johnson gasses too early fighting at LHW (used to fight at Welterweight).

3. socalrider

you were who i had in mind when posting this thread. usually pretty accurate on your predictions. :beer:

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm hoping Jones holds on to the title so Gustafsson can take it away from him.

5. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Honestly i used to be a huge fan. Never watch it now. Its so over-saturated. It seems like there is one almost every weekend.

6. socalrider

so you were a fan before it became popular?

know how i know you are a hipster? :D

7. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

8. Br1anbuck

Br1anbuck Well-Known Member

I'll be there. I can post up the results as soon as they happen.

9. socalrider

you got good seats? i went to one in vegas and pretty much watched the action on the jumbotron since it seems better viewing was had there than actually trying to see the octagon.

now i just stay home with some friends and my couch and my kegerator. :D

10. Br1anbuck

Br1anbuck Well-Known Member

Vegas is mega $$$$ for a good seat. I've been going to NJ and Virginia when they have them. Decent seats for around $250. Not cheap, but you'd need to carry your oxygen if you paid $250 for a seat in Vegas for UFC. So far, the actual fighters were larger to watch live than on the jumbotron.