1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uday & Qsay may be dead...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Knarf Legna, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Didn't the Isreali Air Force bomb them when they attempted to build a nuclear power plant in the early 80's??

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yep. good on them. what's your point? were you about to imply that hussein was trying to do good for his people?

laughable.

3. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

No plan for occupation? Fine by me. Rebuild, yes. Occupy, no. Probably the same sentiment of members of the 101st Airborne, 3rd ID, and folks like that.

4. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

once again the PR department of the republican party has there panties in a bunch...

my point is.... if you want your new government to work...improve the quality of life for joe average citizen....basic living necessities...this will stop the rioting... this means, electricity water and right to vote.

I think the US has shown poor judgement, for example, secure the oil fields but did nothing to secure the peace of the country...police the looting etc.

the reorg should be done by the UN..not some Viceroy puppet...

5. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

The whold darn country would probably have electricity by now if they would stop trying to kill the very people fixing their country.... it baffles me..... "I want electricity"... "I want to shoot the person fixing my electricity"... it's like the whole country suffers from some sort of bi-polar syndrome.... I mean if they want to fight, then at least wait till we fix everything, and rebuild everything, then if we don't leave, fight us to try and get us out.... geez.....

6. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

um.. let's see...

Iraq sits on a sea of oil. Power plants are powered by coal, OIL and nuclear fission. Seems (to me, at least) the easiest thing for Iraq to do was to:

1- drill a well or 2.
    2- Build a pipeline.
    3- build an OIL-fired power plant.

That probably would have kept the Isreali's from bombing it. At least it would in my opinion.

But what do I know. I'm old.

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

george, please try not to trample on due's delusions. thanks, BW

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good thing the world didn’t rely on the Canadians or French bombing it.

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

this is the humanitarian in me.....

i don't care if the people of iraq have to rub sticks together for fire. a world threat was taken out, and the chore is done. maybe if iraq was left a hollow shell, other "freak" nations would police their own.

kennedy was assasinated for a lot less.

10. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Originally posted by Team_Atomic
    once again the PR department of the republican party has there panties in a bunch...

If so, at least we buy our own, instead of waiting for a hand-out that would build a buracracy that would empower us to buy underwear.

my point is.... if you want your new government to work...improve the quality of life for joe average citizen....basic living necessities...this will stop the rioting... this means, electricity water and right to vote.

Agree. Let's go back to Sadaam's definition of quality of life for the Iraqis. Never sleep because you live in fear of sdaam's henchmen coming into your house at 4 AM just beacuse you thought things could be better and you let that slip in the marketplace.

Agreed, there weren't many riots when Sadaam was the boss. Maybe the fact that potential rioters were a)-in prison or b)- dead had something to do with it.

Agree. The right to vote. But if the only guy allowed on the ballot was Saddam, isn't that an empty right?

I think the US has shown poor judgement, for example, secure the oil fields but did nothing to secure the peace of the country...police the looting etc.

Umm... one of the things that is trying to be done, even if you refuse to acknowledge it, is to put in place an indigenous police force. To do this, the US is trying to be sure that former oppressors are not trained and placed in power. Check one of the other threads for the link regarding the christian Iraqi woman's story of rape and torture. Burried in there is a nugget where an idividual who was part of the current force was uncovered as a former jailer .

the reorg should be done by the UN..not some Viceroy puppet...

Who would you suggest as leader of this reorganization? Liberia?

11. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Re: this is the humanitarian in me.....

world threat?? ha..... explain that one chubby??? what are they going to do throw rocks??

if they don't follow thru....and do a good job...another tyrant will be in power in a couple years....and another 9/11 will happen....

why the heck does gas cost $1.73/gallon..

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

tally ho george. :beer:

or you could just say "F%ck off you stupid F%cking F$ck!"

i find it's much easier.

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Re: Re: this is the humanitarian in me.....

gas is cheap here you moron {go buy it in france}. and ooooh, that chubby remark hurt me so bad. :rolleyes:

and no, if you pluck up enough tyrants by the roots, they will eventually stop. {unlike coddling them like your pu$$y United Nations did for 13 years with saddam} kinda like if your sissy parents would have bothered to spank you as a child, you wouldn't be such a liberal idiot today.

14. ZebProctor1

Re: Re: this is the humanitarian in me.....

missing one detail there buddy.... almost every iraqi has a fricking AK47 in their house, and hundreds of rounds.... they you got the dudes with mortat rounds, RPG's, must I go on???? rock?? YEAH, you go over there w/o a bulletproof vest and tell me how many rocks you had thrown at you..:Poke:

15. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...once again...brad looses his cool and can't keep up with the discussion.....

16. ZebProctor1

Re: Re: Re: this is the humanitarian in me.....

aren't ak47's illegal here, part of that "clinton for god" anti-assoult weapon bullshit bill???

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

nope. brad rather enjoys insulting you. and calling a spade a spade. ;)

of course that's what i'd expect you to say when i nail you with the perfect analogy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2003
  18. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Re: Re: Re: this is the humanitarian in me.....

a guy with a gun isn't a world threat....

the guy who rebuilt Bosnia were the shizzeell.....should take a couple lessons from them....

19. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Pleae accept my apologies. I'll try not to do that again.

20. ZebProctor1

Re: Re: Re: Re: this is the humanitarian in me.....

what world are you living in???? a couple of those guys in planes killed thousands of americans.... and how about the millions of people that were killed in iraq????? you need to take off those rose colored glasses.....:rolleyes: