1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Turbines kill raptors. I would knock every one of them down if possible.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Based on averages of 44 bushels per acre that little spec of land can produce 8 million pounds of wheat.

The current price lowballed at $5 per bushel would be $40 million.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Quoted before you check your..... ummmm......... math?

7. auminer

No Dak averages 35/acre. Spot is 5.56/bushel. 3000 acres would yield ~105000 bushels worth 583,900 annual.

Or you could build a hella dirt track!

8. StaccatoFan

Whoops. Sorry. Forgot to divide by 60. I was in the chick filet drive up line. My mistake.

It’s still 8 million pounds of wheat lost annually. Which isn’t insignificant.

9. auminer

2.31 billion pounds production annually in the US. More falls out of the truck on farm-market roads between the combine & the elevator every day.

Not even going to start on the history of farmers being paid NOT to grow wheat since that doesn't really happen anymore as I understand it... haven't really kept my thumb on the pulse of the industry since we sold the farm in 1980.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

11. auminer

Not the arrow: the tiny red dot southwest of where the shitty MS paint stick figure arrow is pointing.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And I would worry about that if we weren't exporting food in massive amounts.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Heavy medication is what would be needed to keep that state stable.

14. StaccatoFan

The point was that the give and take that these "Green" efforts put us in. 100K bushels is a measureable and quantifiable impact. Even if half is lost out the back of the truck and spoilage..that's still a LOT of wheat that's not being used for food.

Ethanol made an impact on the price of milk. Agricultural and Ethanol production competing for the same corn crop. All of a sudden I'm paying $4 for a gallon of milk.

15. StaccatoFan

Being able to export food gives us tremendous leverage. Especially with countries like India and China.

16. TWF2

Are we out of the land to grow on?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We will be once all the hemp gets planted.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  18. StaccatoFan

No, we're not obviously, but is a relatively low yield electrical generation project a better use of that land?

Oil production, because of the resistance to the pipelines, competes with agricultural shipments for time on the limited rail lines out there.
    More wheat's lost to spoilage from that, too.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:whoosh:

20. TWF2

If that land is already in use and farmers benefit from having windmills not interfering with their work on it what is problem?
    If we must have them isn't that much better solution than ruining good land that is not used yet?
    I watched show on TV just about this, seems farmers liked it. They still worked on that land and had extra income from windmills.