1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TZ750 classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hockyis1, May 9, 2017.

1. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

When I raced my TZ750 it was in V5, which as the rules were written then was for the early twin shock bikes like my A model. A later mono shocker with modern width 17” wheels and tires will crush V5. I think you’re looking at entering Formula 2-stroke, which allows the big 2-stroke GP type bikes.
    CMR frames are really nice! I bought one to change my twin shock bike to a mono. Excellent quality. I wouldn’t mind another one to put a built Suzuki Gt750 motor into.

Mark

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Also have to run stock frames in V1-V5 no hybrid..... cool bike, will do great in V6 L .....

3. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I'm pretty sure hybrids are allowed in V1-V5...

4. Duck150

No..... only v-6 Lightweight......

5. 90kacoupe

"Formula" machines are allowed but required to bump up a class according to the rule book. But I believe when we discussed my bike, since the bike that my frame is from is legal for V1 and the motor came from a bike legal in V1. It was allowed.

Either way, It seems like it won't matter anymore anyways. I just hope we come to a good compromise for vintage this year.

6. Duck150

Yea.... gp bikes could do it ,yours was gp rules....not V1 - V5 rules...

7. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Adding a ride on a TZ750 to my Bucket List. Hmm....probably should make it the last item

ToofPic likes this.
  8. 90kacoupe

Scott Clough actually told me they are not as violent with modern porting configurations. I am assuming he and Dave have spent a lot of time with Dave's 750 and have made it very manageable and fast.

BlueR32 likes this.
  9. hockyis1

hockyis1 Well-Known Member

I've already been in touch with Scott and I plan to have him work on my cases. The engine I am working with has original cases that have seen their share of over-revs and possibly seizures. The main bearings have been spun and have done a wicked job of tearing up their seats. So all that will need to get repaired first otherwise, new sand-cast cases are $10K from Consortium, so really hoping that's not the case. The crank needs to be rebuilt but the pistons and cylinders we think are still ok but we haven't gotten around to measuring them yet.

Pics of the cases attached.

Attached Files:

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. hockyis1

Just a short update on the CMR TZ750 build. Rolling chassis is almost 100%. Working on building the motor this winter. Just bought a set of Consortium cases. Have new cranks, pistons, and rods. Still need to get the cylinders ported/plated.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

rd400racer and 90kacoupe like this.
  11. 90kacoupe

I can't wait to see that bike on the track!

joec and SpeedyE like this.
  12. Gimmie Mo

Gimmie Mo I screw things up daily..

Now that makes a man drool right there..:)

13. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Is that shock the same dimensions as a stock TZ750? If so, where did you get it? I need one for a TZ750 I'm restoring.

fat bloke likes this.
  14. joec

joec brace yourself

I would looove to see this when it's done.

15. hockyis1

I'm not positive that the CMR frame has the exact dimensions of the original TZ750 frame. Denis Curtis at CMR could help you with that information. The shock was purchased as part of the CMR package and is an Ohlins unit built by Jon Cornwell at Ohlins.