1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TZ250 Quickshifter

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Supermotoguy, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Supermotoguy

Supermotoguy Active Member

Hello,

I hope you guys are staying cool. I recently bought a TZ250 and would like to get a quickshifter for it. I know there are posts in various places online about this but they are quite old. I hear the battle shifter tends to damage the gear box quickly. Apparently, the KLS is the one to get. However, I know there are quite a few “universal” solutions these days. I would really like an up and down model if possible. I have a healtech one on my supermoto and it is a piece of crap. Any recommendations or insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated. The bike is a 4TW. It has a battery. Thanks for reading.

2. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the Healtech and what issues you have with it, I want to put one on a 150R I'm putting together. I've heard they can be a little finicky with the settings.

3. Supermotoguy

Well to start, I think it is somehow interfering with my ignition because sometimes when I’m in gear with the throttle wide open with my foot nowhere near the shifter it will cut the ignition. Additionally, my bike will not start with the unit plugged in most of the time. I just tightened the sensor and it seems to be starting now but when I get to the track it probably won’t. I’ll be replacing it as soon as I get the chance. These suck. I don’t recommend them at all.

4. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

I got a quickshifter for my FZR400 from here:
    http://www.ttrignition.com/
    DonTZ125 is a member on this forum and that's his company.
    Maybe he could help you out?

5. Supermotoguy

That would be fantastic. I will contact him. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue with a Healtech on my FZR, near as I can tell it put too much impedance/load on the ignition pulse sensor and kept the TCI from recognizing triggers. Worked for a couple races then all of a sudden my bike just quit. Pulled the QS and back up and running. Re-install, no spark. They shipped me a replacement that wires inline with the coils instead of the ignition sensor, I never got around to splicing it into my harness though and sold the bike.

7. Supermotoguy

Went ahead with the KLS. I do not want to roll the dice on this bike. All good. I still hate my healtech quickshifter and I am going to can it as soon as possible.

8. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Battlefactory. Makes as close to a plug and play kit as you can get. You need to do a little bit of wiring work to get it a power supply but other than that it's real easy. Lead times on them are pretty long right now. Took almost 4 months for mine to show up from Japan.

You can try ordering one through Stewart at Rising Sun or Rick at accuproducts.