1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TZ 250 5ke front wheel

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by The Beer Hunter, Jun 13, 2021.

1. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I'm looking at buying a set of carbon wheels for my 5ke and I'm curious if anyone has tried running a 16" front for even better turn in and corner speed.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Is anyone making 16" race rubber these days besides Michelin for supermoto?

3. The Beer Hunter

Dunlop mike make a 16" front sumo tire. I'm thinking because the weight is similar I could get away with a super moto tire in front

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

No

And why would you want to mess with arguably one of the sweetest, lightest, fast as f@#k, true GP m/c, just why?

5. The Beer Hunter

I agree. I don't take fucking with that chassis lightly but a front ride height drop could be compensated easily in adjusting fork height.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

With the Michelin sumo 16, there isn't a drop in ride height. There is more sidewall area on the 16 to help with chatter.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Michelin makes both a 16" and 16.5" SM front. Metzeler makes a 16.5" and so does D, but I don't think a 16" is available.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Werd. These bikes are brilliant stock.

Snake Charmer likes this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

You want help? Call Bill Himmelsbach, he'll get you to the right place. But don't race him, his 70 yr or so skills are still sharp and he'll smoke ya