1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twins Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by ghetto customs, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Stork

Stork Member

I made my attempt at MA in Pitt and I sucked. Not sure why, but part of it was I couldn't get up to speed as quickly as the real pros. I barely qualified, and felt off all weekend. Most (all) of it was in my head... Anyway, it was a really cool eye opening experience and I'm happy I did it. I've gone way faster at my home track because I learned a lot that weekend. I want to do it again, but it may be two years till I grid up again. Hope the class lasts that long. The twins grid was awesome and really helpful despite being full of fast guys who are not there just to say they have run MA.

My big complaint is we only got 2 races and a few other sessions. Last weekend I did 7 races, 2 practice sessions, and rode 90 min of a 5-hr endurance. Could've done 7 more practice sessions but I slept in all three days. Track time is the real price you pay to race MA.

2. Like I stated before when racing MA or any other series when track time is tight every second of track time needs to count, there just isn’t time for “throw away” sessions. I always liked when Hayes first hit the track, he’d just get up to speed and up to speed fast. No idea how he does it

3. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but I think there is a definite difference between the "consummate" pros and the "club" pros. Aside from the pay outs, bounty hunting, club racing, paid staff, travel rigs, etc etc., it comes in the form of humility and self-awareness for their brand. No matter how good or bad a weekend goes - regardless of wrecks, abilities/inabilities of other riders or their bikes, lap times - they always maintain a certain level of professionalism, humility, and self-awareness in their interviews, social media posts, and interweb forums. Their emotions might come out here or there, but it's rare, and it certainly doesn't continue for weeks and weeks on end.

How often do you see what most would consider "real" pros going on social media and web forums lambasting other riders on/off the track? Want to change how the class and riders are perceived? Change what you post, where you post, and how you post. Be aware of the people you're affecting with your decisions on things. There is a reason certain riders are perceived how they are, and by extension, the Twins Cup as a whole. Even in the Twins Cup, there is a definite separation in this regard.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mindset. Which is why he can't do it now, he isn't in the right mindset.

418 likes this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This whole argument is fucking dumb. At minimum the top 15 or so guys in twins are pro racers. The effort these dudes put in, the time and money they spend on it, it’s way beyond just club racing. Parrish is a perfect example. For as long as I’ve known the guy, he rode bone stock shit. Pretty sure the last bike he raced before twins cup arrived was basically a frankenstein from the parts bin of shit that was laying around. And then suddenly, he builds a full on MA spec superbike and even spends time working on *gasp* setup! Similar story with Draik. While the Beauchamp’s have always taken care to have a good setup for race day, the pro level really pushes and forces them to go that extra little bit to have the perfectly built and setup bike. There’s definitely a difference in approach because there has to be.

For what it’s worth, those guys also got my buddy and I to attend some MotoAmerica races these past two years to spectate. Prior to that I hadn’t been to one in over a decade. And I intend to attend 3 races next year. I’d say part of being a pro is spectator attraction right? If anyone asks me what I did on those weekends, I say that some of my buddies I used to race with have moved on to become pro racers and I went to watch them. Give credit where it’s due. These guys earned it.

BigBird, JJJerry, Shocker and 7 others like this.
  6. Agree with that. I was quite impressed at his honesty about not going “fast” anymore. Sometimes you have to face reality or adjust your life to your old reality. I agree with his life choices :)

7. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I want my brain cells back.

418, Phl218, Gorilla George and 3 others like this.
  8. rcarson15

Quit drinking vodka?
    :timeforabeer:

9. rcarson15

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  12. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

MELK-MAN, brex, Hoffman900 and 2 others like this.
  13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Not sure what douche produced that video but I will never spend another penny to put a bike on the grid with them again.

Kris87 likes this.
  14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Yes, all those antics everyone was bitching about are now being used for marketing purposes, HAHAHAHAHA

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Wow, I can't believe they actually put that out as an official video. :crackup:

Hoffman900 likes this.
  16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Holy outer labia, Batman!

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I thought it was a cool/funny video. The made a video of what everyone was talking about most of the year.

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

You have to move back here to get it

19. rcarson15

Maybe it’s a two-part series with Hayden Gillim next :blart:

20. alan

alan Well-Known Member

:)