1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twins cup ! I figured it out.

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

It would be nice if a couple large HD and Ducati dealerships put programs together for this class.
    Lots of talented riders available.
    Lots of opportunities available from this class.
    If it runs next year, it just might get the momentum it needs for some money to start flowing it’s way.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I really don't think there are any options out there that would work for the entire series. There's nothing wrong with the main 4 classes and then adding in us or another local club to draw local riders and families/fans. The Vintage thing they announced for Sonoma sounds pretty cool. We could even do all the rounds and bring people in from our local rider pool to all of them.

The main thing is even while we're all concentrating on the racing, they are working more and more on making them events that draw fans in. Racing is the core of the event but far from all of it. Down time isn't a bad thing either, gives fans time to see and do all sorts of things.

noles19 likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Sean you are right on. Racing these SV class/type of bikes is not popular outside of North America, so this trend may increase here. My guys in Italy were always amazed because we did and probably still do sell the most 160/60-17 rears compared to other countries. Then as a racer you can see it with your racing tire options too, brand X and brand Y don't offer either slicks or DOTs (or with only one compound choice) so I can't see it getting better anytime soon. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I would love to see a 10K MSRP FZR400 to return with fuel injection and everything else about the same! Hey Yamaha find the old frame jigs and molds and DO IT!:clap:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um.....yeah.....HD and Ducati have nothing legal for the class. Ducati needs to put a bike together for Superstock or Superbike. Harley...well they do well dirt track racing :D

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I didn't say grids are picking up, I said interest is picking up. I get contacted by a lot of folks asking about the class and the rules. AP has bikes in the class. Zoran has one of his guys in the class, Spears is entering a bike at Sonoma. Even JU has been working on his SV650 magazine project bike prepping it for twins. The class is being run in 2019. We'll see what happens...

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And if you think that price is too high go look at the price of a 2018 KTM250 EXC with fuel injection and then tell me I'm crazy

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I think you meant "did" well...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interest was huge with all the twins people talking it up leading up to the season. People have been talking about it all season. Grids have shown no increase. It sucks for sure but talk means nothing, I've made a bunch of classes over the years and kept older classes because of talk - and damn near every single bit of talk turned into no bikes on the grid.

Sucks MA has to learn that lesson the hard way but if they're adamant in believing all the talk from those with a vested interest in it existing then so be it. They'll learn and move on.

418 likes this.
  9. Mblashfield

Isn’t there an 800cc monster on the list?
    And a sportster?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord, you're serious aren't you....

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Seriously ? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

An 883 makes what 40 horse ? And weighs like 900 lbs.

12. Mblashfield

750 street rod and 797 monster?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What about them?

14. Mblashfield

15. Mblashfield

^ is this not the list?

16. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

A modern LW Fours class (inlines and V's) would be THE SHIT.

Highly unlikely, but sounds amazing. Could be straightforward, no? Liquid-cooled 4-cyl up to 400cc+/-, liquid cooled twins up 500cc+/-? Don't think anyone would try making a mini-triple but that would be easy enough to accommodate.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is.

Now why should HD and Ducati dealerships put their money/time/bikes into the class/events?

18. Mblashfield

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well what?

20. Mblashfield

For the same reason they were added to the list.
    Wishful thinking.