1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV commercials/ads and their gay innuendo nowadays

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gapman789, Mar 24, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Thread relevance? :Poke:

:D

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Its gay innuendo

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you're confusing being gay with a whole lot of other things here.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

To be fair, the proponents of LGBTQRFABCD+ are also quite confused about biology, reality and a whole lot of other things, so how can anyone else be expected to keep it all straight?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, we've been discussing a guy saying that he would break the dollhouse over his son if he was gay. That seems pretty simple to follow to me. Nothing I've said since my first post was about anything else.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Starts with gay innuendo and only goes downhill from there :crackup:

shakazulu12 likes this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Goes with the persona that he uses in his stand up. Maybe he was serious, maybe he was joking, maybe both as is often the case. I just think it’s pathetic how all these people apologize. More so than the ranks of pearl clutching lunatics. If people stopped apologizing the perpetually offended wouldn’t have any power.

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

My memory of realizing that I was somehow "different" is when I was age 7 - 2nd grade. Took a long time to understand what the difference was or to act on it.

There certainly wasn't any open discussion of homosexuality around kids back in 1962.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, easy for you to say. Your ability to generate income is not tied the public's perception of you. Probably a good thing too. :crackup:

beac83 likes this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You have a fairly large portion of the population that agrees with his joke. Some of that group will abandon him because he apologized. You have a relatively equal size of the population that is happy he apologized. Some of that group will abandon him because he said it in the first place. Then you have a whole bunch in the middle that doesn’t care, isn’t looking to be offended by a stupid joke a comedian said and won’t care that he said it or apologized. So ... which portion is larger, and which portion pays more of his bills? Dunno there’s a winnable position for any comedian. Their entire profession relies on making fun of situations & people. Today’s climate of Butthurt Olympics means I wouldn’t want to touch that occupation for all the money in the world. That’s why I like Bill Burr, I think. He accepts that, as a comedian, people will go to amazing lengths to claim offense, so he triples down and let’s it rip. And he’s actually rising in popularity because of it.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He may be rising in popularity, but I doubt he will ever make Kevin Hart money. Now, if Kevin Hart could satisfy himself with Bill Burr money, which most of us would be very happy with, he too could say whatever he wants without ever apologizing for it. He made his choice. His choice is Kevin Hart money.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense to me.

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Very fair point. But this, combined with his son’s birthday party and his response to it, he won’t be making Kevin Hart money for long, I’m afraid. And I LOVE me some Hart, too. He and Bill are easily my top two.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I honestly think that this is just a bump in the road for him. He won't come anywhere close to seeing the kind of career slowdown that Louis CK has endured.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

He's said a lot worse in his standup specials. Odd that they had to go back to a tweet from years ago, when he's got way more content they could have been pissed at recently.

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’m not sure what to expect out of this. There’s no way it comes close to a CK deal, but I don’t know if he gave the correct answer quickly enough on 2 separate occasions for the perpetually offended to not put him in their sights. And he hasn’t openly bashed Trump or Republicans enough to get their free pass.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Lets hope Eddie Murphy is never asked to host the Oscars or run for public office....

the problem is these morons that are witch hunting Kevin Hart cannot make a distinction between comedy and reality. This piece with Jim Norton breaks it down quite well a think and gets to the heart of this matter.

G8rDuc likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I just realized my comment may have been poorly worded. Sorry. David very much wanted the traditional family. I think his disappointment that was not going to happen contributed sigficantly to his precocious substance abuse and, ultimately, his death.

19. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Acree - sorry to hear how that ended.

Sorry you lost your brother to his despair.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I lost my brother to alcohol. He and his partner were sloppy drunk at 7:00 on a Sunday morning. They had an argument, his partner shot him. Gay was what he was, not who he was. He had come to terms with the fact that you are what you are, but he couldn't kick the demons that haunted him in the early years. Sad thing is he would have been a stellar parent, even solo.