1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV commercials/ads and their gay innuendo nowadays

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gapman789, Mar 24, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

BTW, how'd we end up on this topic anyway? I thought we were talking about....

[​IMG]

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Right you are.
    Doesn't the word "innuendo" actually sound a bit ghey?

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It always made me think of a gaming console actually.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dumbass had to know this would happen. Why did he even take the job? Did he forget, or did he think people were not going to find it?

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

At some point this shit has got to swing back to sanity. EVERYONE has made tasteless jokes at some point.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A lot of people have enough sense not to do it on social media. And some of the things he said sounded more like opinions than jokes.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I haven't seen much, but from the perspective of a parent, it's silly. He has a right to be concerned about his son - even if his son chooses to be gay, he can not like it because it's going to mean a harder life for the kid.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The way they characterized it I thought he said something like “Kill the fags.” Jesus Christ he apologized? When will people learn? NEVER issue a public apology. Once there’s blood in the water from an apology the sharks get a whiff and destroy your career. You’d think these PR people would learn something from The Donald. Don’t apologize. Double down and say fuck you!

Especially if you’re a comic. You can’t ply your trade if you let people dissect and be offended over everything you said. Thought the little bastard had more balls / sense than that.

jrsamples and auminer like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not even going to get into the "chooses to be gay" part of your statement, but I can say that in 99%+ of my experience, people making stupid gay jokes (including myself) don't me them about what they would do if their kid turned out to be gay. This particular topic usually turns up in serious conversations. You'll have a hard time convincing me that he wasn't expressing his opinion on the matter. And that's fine, but the consequences are free speech are not protected. He needed to let the world know. Well, the world knows.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Bill Burr doesn't seem to care. He just calls them out on the bullshit then calls them a cunt. :crackup:

SGVRider likes this.
  12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Which is exactly why although people have cried about him none of it ever stuck. Do like Donny and Bill and nothing will stick. Bill just shuts them down because he doesn’t care to do anything else. Donald twists it then turns it to his advantage. “Fake news” was a phrase they tried on him first. He twisted it and shoved it up their asses. That guy’s media manipulation skills are amazing, I don’t think it’d be hyperbolic to say he’s the most naturally gifted BS artist in the world. He’s like the Casey Stoner of bullshit and manipulation.

Have you ever seen Bill’s Philadelphia rant? Fucking amazing. I don’t even know how you can have that much off the cuff wit.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think we're on the same page. I wasn't referring to it as a joke. Why can't Kevin Hart have an opinion on whether is young son is gay or not? It's an unfortunate fact, but a fact all the same, that if he IS gay, he will face difficulties he probably would not if he were straight. And this doesn't even touch on the fact that we ARE supposed to be here to teach/mold our children, because as much as liberals seem to ignore it, a mind IS NOT capable of fully processing such monumental decisions until it's in it's mid 20's.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My brother knew he was different as early as 4th grade. He didn't accept it until much later, and not without significant sampling of the more traditional male female interaction, but he knew.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So if you get erections around naked boys when you're 16 and girls don't do anything for you, your mind will fix that when it's fully developed at age 25? OK then.

And I didn't say that he can't have an opinion. I said he needs to be smarter about where he expresses them or face the consequences. And don't fool yourself: he ain't concerned about how it's going to affect his son. He's concerned about how this reflects on him.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I didn’t say that. I said an immature brain isn’t capable of fully comprehending the decision until about 25. Or in more plain terms, if you think you’re gay or straight at 16, you might be or you might not. If you think you’re gay or straight at 25, you’re probably right. So it might be a good idea to not do anything permanent at a young age.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What do you mean by doing something permanent?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Labeling yourself, taking hormones or puberty blockers, cutting off your dick...

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And is one of the funniest mofo’s on the planet. LOVE Bill!! :crackup:

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I love him too, just started listening to his podcasts. :)