1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuono V4 or Hyper

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Jun 29, 2019.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

that's how you save roadracing.... errr, the motorcycle industry in america! :flag:

Newyork, XFBO and BigBird like this.
  2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Trailered through ..

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’ve always had all my suspensions reworked, which is never cheap. Is the Sachs stuff on the RR really good and upgrading not needed or is the Factory model and Öhlins the way to go?

4. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I have a 2015 RSV4 RR and I went with 30mm Ohlins fork inserts and replaced the rear Sachs with an Ohlins so that I could have the suspension valved and sprung just for me.

ducnut likes this.
  5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Looked at a few recently, just haven’t found the right one for me yet. My buddy stopped by yesterday with a Multi he just bought on a whim, so that’s kind of lit a fire under me.

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Is the thinking the e-Ohlins would still need to be sprung and valved to get them into the base range one would need for the electronic adjustments to be worthwhile?

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

It's as close to a MotoGP sound that you can get....The Racefit CF/TI on my RSV4 just sounds flat out nasty. The SC is probably the loudest and most obnoxious....in a good way.

8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Maybe sprung, depending on weight. I would hope not valved. Dave Moss has a tuning video up for it, if you pay the subscription fee. Most of the reviews pretty much state the Ohlins 2.0 version on this bike is magic out of the box. One review stated the electronic settings were faster than manual settings on lap times. Even with the electronic settings you have some adjustability.

Mine arrives in a week or so, then I can judge for myself.

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

So Factory is the way to go? Seems like they both have the same wheels.

Race ECU? Worth it?

Sent from my smatrfone

10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

from what i'm reading the race ECU is basically a necessity for an aftermarket exhaust.

i think the factory gets the ohlins front and rear, ohlins steering dampner, the different tail section and different graphics.

BigBird and code3ryder like this.
  11. gapman789

Get the guzzidiag software and turn your stock ecu into the race ecu for free

BigBird, XFBO, Adam.B and 1 other person like this.
  12. gapman789

13. gapman789

To clarify, race ecu MAP is necessary for any exhaust changes.

A race ecu is simply s stock ecu with the race map loaded in it. Aprilia will gladly sell you a ‘race ecu’ for $800-900.

BigBird and sdiver like this.
  14. gapman789

Depends on year.... the ohlins rear on the factory isnt a ttx. Some will say that its no better than the Sachs unit....but it does say ohlins on it....bling factor.

The new Tv4F has the electronic suspension.

A leftover 17/18 non-factory model would be my choice if i didnt have the ‘16. They can be had cheap.

ducnut, turbulence and sdiver like this.
  15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Thats where I was. Either $ for the 19 Factory because of electronic suspension (rear is now semi-active TTX, front semi-active NIX30) or go with leftover 18 RR add suspension of choice. Use money saved for forged wheels and Ilmberger belly pan.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    ducnut and BigBird like this.
  16. Adam.B

Adam.B Member

I did the guzzidiag to my 17, and installed a graves pipe($550). Also if you do buy the race ecm, you either need to go to dealer or buy the guzzidiag to perform a throttle body re-learn procedure.
    It’s just quiet enough with the graves to not piss off the entire neighborhood, just the neighbor. To me the quick shifter, blipper and throttle response all changed for the better with the race map.
    I’ve done 500 mile days on mine, but those rides are hard on my knees. But the seat is fantastically comfortable.
    Also turn wheelie control setting to off, because if you have tc on it’ll still have very minimal wheelie control.

BigBird and Steeltoe like this.
  17. Adam.B

Adam.B Member

Also, I had thermosman setup the baseline for the RR with Sachs suspension. He said my fork springs are to soft, and I’m 145lbs.

BigBird and No Brakes like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

What is cheap?

Sent from my smatrfone

19. gapman789

Yup, that seems to be consensus on the stock Sachs suspension....too soft. Apprarently Aprilia built them to 'pedro-alien-like' euro size/weights.

On the street, i honestly couldnt tell much difference between the stock Sachs and Factory Ohlins forks/shock.
    If i thought that i could feel a difference, it's probably a mental thing since i have "Ohlins" suspension, so it must be gooder. :)

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Your mo...

Dammit, I gotta stop this. :D

renegade17 likes this.