1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuono V4 or Hyper

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I’m with you. I’m only shopping the air cooled 1100s.

motion likes this.
  2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

ya'll should ride a 939 or 950sp... might change your mind. older aint always better.

tropicoz, Chris, motion and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I want my Multi motor in my Hyper :D

turbulence likes this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You’re so screwed. You’re gonna love it.

Love love love love my 2016 939SP.

tropicoz, Phl218 and turbulence like this.
  5. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Yeah, I know.

As soon as I sat on it I was sold.

6. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

My 821 Hyper was one of the funnest bikes I've ever owned. Two hour round trip commute and I had a smile on my face the entire time. Currently in the process of moving, but once we get settled I will pick another one up for a commuter again.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  7. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have owned both and they are completely different animals but they will both land you in jail. That's why I love them. I have owned both and come back to the aprilia for a second time. You can't go wrong with either of them as i have put over 30K miles on each of them with no issues.

8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

All the good Tuono deals went away just as I start negotiating. Factory program expired June 30 and no replacement yet.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

State 8 or AF1 make good deals on bike...'18 Tuono RR at AF1 for $13k.....That's what i paid for my '16, before the upgrades in '17+....TFT dash, auto blipper, cruise control.

BTW, FWIW....i bought a 5 yr extended warranty for $900...Comes out to $15 mo. So i have 7 rs of warranty. I've never bought an extended warranty on anything, EVER. But for $15 mo, it's a little bit of peace of mind. The Italian bike have been subject to some problems of course.

p.s. Tuono = Thunder in Italian. In case anybody wondered where 'Tuono' comes from.

sdiver and Phl218 like this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So went to the local Duc dealer today, they just got in a 13, 821 SP. 89xx miles $7900. It is on consignment. Has a Project SC slip on and the owner has the exhaust completely wrapped. Yearly maintenance just down. If they still have it next week after I get back from FL, will go over and demo it. I did not realize they sat as high as they do.

12. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

I'm fortunate enough to own both. A '16 Tuono Factory and a '16 Hypermotard 939 SP. Both make me very, very happy - and are quite different from one another.

[​IMG]
    I've had the Tuono for about three years. It's been flawless. I often describe it as a V4 superbike with all-day comfort. I've done a bunch of trips of 250-300 miles in a day on it, and other than the wind blast, it's super comfortable. Have had it on the track as well. The sound, the power, the gearbox - stunning. My all-time favorite bike I've ever owned.

[​IMG]
    Found a deal on the Hyper locally on Craigslist a few months ago. It's such a sick little bike. Makes me do really bad things, like most any supermoto. The weird thing is that it's actually a big, powerful, naked bike - not a supermoto. But it still feels like one as soon as you get on it. However, unlike supermoto bikes, it's comfortable and has decent tank range. I had one of the air-cooled 1100's years ago, and sold it to buy a Multistrada, because as much as I liked it, it had crappy range and wasn't really good for touring. The new one is no rocket ship, it's actually fairly docile, but at lower speeds in tight corners, I can't imagine anything better. And super easy to wheelie.

If I just wanted a bike for around-town hooliganism and occasional day trips on tight, twisty stuff - Hyper all day.

For higher-speed fun and do-it-all capability in a sexy V4 package - absolutely the Tuono.

Both absolutely incredible machines that remind me why I love motorcycles so much.

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Thanks! Finally connected with AF1 and made a deal.

BigBird, dlafz1, Adam.B and 5 others like this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:clap:

sdiver likes this.
  15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Your love and enthusiaam for motorcycling will be forever changed.

sdiver, bwhip and Adam.B like this.
  16. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

all this talk... a used 2018 came up for sale locally with only 800 miles so i had to snag it.

it's not as hooligany as the hyper, but my lord that sound!!! even with the stock exhaust. once the exhaust valve opens... my god.

puts the V4 pani to shame!

[​IMG]

17. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

That's a great pic. I love my 17.

turbulence and ducnut like this.
  18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The sound of the V4 on the Tuono is impressive - even with the stock exhaust. Can't wait to get a Yosh on it.

sdiver and turbulence like this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yes indeed sir. Well done!

sdiver and turbulence like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

So Scotty starts a thread about buying a bike, and 3 people ended buying a bike from it....

[​IMG]

badmoon692008, Adam.B, sdiver and 7 others like this.