1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuono V4 or Hyper

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Good points. I am super intrigued by the Aprilia but like you say I have wanted a Hyper pretty much since they came out. I should probably just scratch that itch.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not quite the resell value, anymore. The market is so grossly oversaturated. And, as H-D have continued to develop their electronics, put larger engines in them, equip with nicer wheels, black engines and controls, this current generation have really hurt the previous ones. Lastly, people just aren’t into them like they used to be. The crowd who just had to have a Harley have grown older, have kids, slowed down, and are buying SXS’s instead of a new bike. FB Marketplace is loaded with cheap Harleys.

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Pretty much spot on. I love my Road King but part of the reason I’ll never sell it is that I won’t get shit for it anyway.

10+ year old Harley’s are cheap as hell.

I remember the days when a 15 year old 883 Sporty would still command $5000. Not anymore.

ducnut likes this.
  4. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Nah, definitely not. I guess more of a point that you really will not lose, monetarily, buying a hyper. You can buy it, hate it, sell it and come out on the side OK.

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So I am also Hyper curious. Out of the liquid-cooled ones 821, 939,950, which one is best. Also is the SP version worth the extra cash?

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Sounds like me with my ‘13 hd night rod special and ‘18 polaris xp turbo. I hate being like everybody else. :D

ducnut likes this.
  7. gapman789

Or get the tuono first since its a bit more money, and within 2 miles you’ll be asking us what that other bike was that tou were considering.

Or get the tuono now and if you must, pickup a hyper during the off season when theyll be dirt cheap and youll have the time to fix all the problems it has.

:p

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. gapman789

Looks like this bike is near Kansas City, the NE corner, which isn't too far from cheeseland.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2016-Aprilia-TUONO-V4-1100-FACTORY-ABS-5008306211

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I personally don’t see the point in buying a liquid cooled Hyper.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

I say hyper

Or tonno

Frankly, they are both great and i’m wondering why I don’t own either currently

But next year an upright seated V4 duc is coming out...

BigBird and MachineR1 like this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm debating swapping my 2014 Street Triple R for the 950 SP. I just need something more different than my S1000XR which has dominated my street riding since I got it.

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What makes you say that?

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Because it’s a watered down version of the bike. The whole point of the hyper is that the thing is loud and raucous. You get on it, start it, and instantly are transformed into a hooligan. The water cooling and oil bathed clutch take half of that personality away.

Maybe it’s just me… I own an air cooled Porsche 911 and would never even consider driving one of the newer models. They’re great cars of course, just not for me.

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

15. gapman789

That's where i bought my '16....It was on ebay with a 'make offer', i threw $13,000 at it and they accepted it. MSRP was $15k. This was in July and the first year of the new 1100 model. Soooo, roadtrip to Maryland from Cincinnati. When dealers realized there were only 50 blue models coming to the states, the dealers' prices were $1000 more for the blue.

I had the dealer install the Aprilia Race ECU and Arrow slipon for a mere $1000 extra. That was a $1500 value.

XPS was the easiest, most painless, quickest motorcycle purchase in my life. They offer no fees (title, doc, freight, prep), etc. They often times offer free shipping or at a very discounted rate.....$300 bucks or so.

BigBird, sdiver and Steeltoe like this.
  16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Just picked up a Tuono yesterday. I love it already.

BigBird, Phl218, Adam.B and 2 others like this.
  17. gapman789

Do tell.....New Factory with the active suspension?

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Not that exquisite. Found a low-mile 2016 RR that I plan to start building for street/track duty. I wanted to do the suspension upgrades separate, given our ties to doing that ourselves.

gapman789 likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Did you ride through Canada?

20. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I sat on. Hyper 950 SP the other day.

So I scheduled a test ride for this week.

Phl218, turbulence and ducnut like this.