1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tulum Mexico things to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by wiggeywackyo, Jul 25, 2016.

1. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

I'm not really a resort type but my best friend is getting married in Tulum so we're stuck going.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Is it worth renting quads at places like this or are they dumbed down for the masses? Anything worth seeing off the resort?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

1) Mayan ruins.
    2) Try not to get kidnapped.
    3) The Beach.
    4) Try not to get murdered.
    5) Get stupid drunk at the hotel bar.
    6) Try not to shit yourself to death after using the tap water to wet down your tooth paste or rinse.

Hawk518 likes this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Think there is a secret location there in Assassin's Creed. :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hookers and blow?

(Someone had to do it.)

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not in Mexico! Those mf'ers take their drug laws seriously. A feriner caught with blow will get tossed into the dungeon never to be seen again. You'd be better off going to one of the streetcorner "pharmacies" and getting a prescription for a bunch of legal drugs.

As for the hookers, I'm pretty sure that's legal too. I had a criminal justice professor who's buddy had his wife's mexican prostitution license framed in his office - long story short, they were in Juarez and the wife was standing on the curb waiting on the husband to bring the car around. Juarez PD "arrested" her for prostitution without a license, but if they agreed to pay whatever ridiculous "license fee" they'd let her go.

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Rent a jeep & head for Chichén Itzá.

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I wouldn't rent a vehicle there... Every person I know that has run into problems was out in a rental vehicle so do a group tour thing they already paid off the PoPo. LoL

I love Mexico but it can be sketchy.

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then go for a rousing round of Pokemon Ir (I have no idea how to conjugate the Spanish verb)

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Tulum is nice. I was there touring two up a few years back. Stayed for about a week there. Never ran into any issues. City itself has a few nice/cheap seafood restaurants. Beach was awesome, but it is about 15 minutes away. With a whole bunch of bungalow type of accommodations. Pretty awesome. Tulum ruins are very cool, although not as massive as some of the others in Mexico, but the only ones on the beach.

This was about 5 years ago. So things could of changed since. Oh and place (Tulum city) will flood pretty good when it rains heavy.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think it's Puta.

dónde están las putas? Tengo dólares!

dtalbott likes this.
  11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Tulum is awesome! Have no fear about renting a car. Go to El Camello for lunch and get the shrimp cocktail! They have some of the best restaurants that we have eaten at on vacation. It's a super chic destination but still kind of a hidden gem. Don't miss naked yoga on the beach, no shit it's pretty spectacular. They do it early in the morning, we just kind of happened upon it. We stayed here: http://tulumnv.com/en/gallery_hotel.php was a fantastic experience and much better than the big resorts. Go to the cenotes for snorkeling, they look sketchy but are really cool. Also hit up Yal Ku Lagoon in Akumal its a neat snorkeling spot too. Have any other questions ask away I've been there multiple times.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wouldn't that be Pokewomon? or mon if that's what floats your boat NTTIAWWT.

13. Actually you could make an exciting game out of that.

14. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

I was on a trip there (camping on the beach with the bungalows) with a buddy and his g/f. Went out to eat nearby and they ordered a mixed drink. The ice was not kind.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That is why you drink beer in Mexico.

BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  16. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Where are you staying?

Coba is pretty dope, you can still climb the ruins there.. if your into ruins check that out. Downtown Playa Del Carmen is pretty much shit now, same shop's repeated ever block (Mexican goods (hats, shirts), watch store, bar, sunglasses)... Probably wouldn't waist too much time there. Isla Mujeres is pretty cool, take a day and go there. We rent either golf cart or scooters when we go there, never any trouble. Good place to spend the day messing around, but it is up by Cancun so probably an hour ride if your actually in Tulum. Other than that, everything is pretty standard shit. You can always take a Pirate Booze Cruise,.. they are a decent way to spend the evening as well.

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Playa Del Carmen is awesome not sure what some people are smoking, definitely worth a day and make a point to eat tacos al pastor @ Carboncitos. Isla Mujeres another day, hang out on the North beach and rent a golf cart or scooter to eat @ Mango Cafe and visit the southern end. Cozumel is good for a day or 3 if you dive the drift diving is some of the best in the Western Hemisphere. Tulum...well the beach! Take the water taxi to get around when you can. Consider some of the historic sites.

Mexico protects their tourism dollars along the Riviera Maya. I've never once run into trouble there. Be cautious of the ATM's use your phone to check for a Bluetooth signal. If it has one it's been compromised by a skimmer.

18. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Tourists are pretty well protected in that area.

Went there a few years ago with the ex. Somehow dropped my wallet in the taxi on our way back to the resort with about $600 ('Merican) in it. Once I realized it back in the room, went to the concierge. Before they could finish dialing the cab company, the driver walked into the lobby with my wallet, every dollar accounted for. I gave him a 50 as a "reward". We had our own personal driver the rest of the week...

DucatiBomber likes this.
  19. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

If you want to ride, check out DESTINO Racing School at the Aurodroma Cancun. You can rent GSXRs as well as equipment.

20. Lavana

Lavana The coming

If you are going with someone you care about really think about the risks you are taking. If you are into drinking and partying you are going to a wedding at a resort; so stay your ass there. Don't let hookers or what you think are nice girls try to invite you out of the resort to a party etc.

I would defenitely go check out the "pyramids" but try to go with a tour.

I did some driving while I was there... I swear I almost ran over a bunch of "punks/gangstars/skateboaders/ or what my wife likes to call "just kids"... We were on some little street with no way out and they surrounded our car and wouldn't let us through. I did fear for my life.

DucatiBomber likes this.