1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump to end birthright citizenship

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Oct 30, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

had read that here too

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/428837/

'news' jumping the gun again. I dont doubt it too much but its not a done deal.

I dont think reporters on either side know wtf they are supposed to be doing anymore.

3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me a legitimate reason why its necessary anymore?

4. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

CitizenShip?

5. sheepofblue

The key is the under the jurisdiction of statement. My understanding is an embassy worker does not get it. Also if you are under the jurisdiction of the US then why do you have a right to contact an embassy? Be interesting though I think he loses at the Supreme court even if RBG resigns first.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The creation of Democrat voters and destruction of American wage stabilization and growth.

oh wait, you said legitimate.

7. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

to become a citizen of the United States, one must make an oath pursuant to 2 Stat 153, and not otherwise.

else its all smoke and mirrors to gather sureties/securities for the debt. [Taxonomy]

this is why the deepstate/shadow govt wants fresh blood!

Phl218 likes this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Outstanding! If Trump pulls this off, he is well on his way to being one of the greats.

kangasj and XFBO like this.
  9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The 14th Amendment may be standing in the way of this. I doubt the SCOTUS would buy off on this as constitutional. I am sure the 9th circuit would not, so it won't be going into effect for a while if it ever does.

The start of section 1 of 14th amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.
    "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

You could work the "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" angle but that would be a long stretch and was put in place for Embassy employees and diplomats.

This is a step up from DACA as that was just ignoring law, not the constitution. In my opinion, this is just a political stunt to fire up the base before the mid-terms.

beac83 and sheepofblue like this.
  11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How was DACA not ignoring the Constitution?
    The President has no Constitutional authority to decide who is granted the rights of citizenship, only Congress has that authority.

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. 2blueYam

DACA has to do with who can stay in the country not citizenship. When you find the part of the constitution that specifically forbids the government from allowing people to come and stay in the US without being citizens, let me know. The executive branch just decided to not enforce that particular law or defer the enforcement of it until a later time. Deferring enforcement of an enacted law is routinely done by the executive branch for a number of reasons. Typically it is because the surrounding regulations have not been properly vetted. So while I think it was a really crappy move, went against the wishes of the legislative branch as passed into law and was just another step giving the executive branch too much power, I don't think it quiet falls into the category of "unconstitutional". At least not in terms of going against something that was expressly stated in the Constitution.

code3ryder likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I don't know where to start with that, you couldn't be more wrong.
    The whole point of DACA was to allow the recipients to enjoy the same rights as citizens without being citizens.
    The country is loaded with illegals who aren't being sent back, DACA was not meant to address that.
    All your other talk about enforcing some enacted law is just irrelevant as there was no legislation passed.

DAPA was the same bill except aimed at the parents of the "dreamers" and it was found to be unconstitutional by the USSC.

15. sheepofblue

But the shit stirring effect will be priceless and might wind up in it being fixed. the 14th was an awesome thing at the time but is being abused by foreign invaders vs freed slaves who were the victims (sadly for a while after the granting of freedom in the demoncat south).

16. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

people really should study that 14th one for themselves..

17. 2blueYam

Let us start with where you are wrong. DAPA is not a bill. It is an executive branch action. Just because the provisions in DAPA were found unconstitutional, does not mean that DACA is unconstitutional. They are two separate actions.

Well, looks like you failed to answer my question regarding where in the constitution it forbids the US Government from allowing foreign nationals to stay in the country, but I will bite one more time. Show me the all of provisions that give them all the same rights as citizens. Does it give them some rights? Yes, because was the point of it.

Example of a citizen's right that is not granted to a DACA recipient: If you are granted DACA and then commit a felony you can be deported. That won't happen to a US citizen.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Trump ain't jack shit on the subject. He might try but he'll fail.

Jedb likes this.
  19. sheepofblue

What law allowed DACA to occur? As far as I know it was a program created out of desire and air vs law.

Also for bonus points if Obama could wave a wand and charge a fee for poof you can stay then why couldn't Trump wave his wand and say GTFO?

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

This will happen the day after the wall is built.

2blueYam likes this.