1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

He is socially divisive and has been bad for the overall morale of the country. As an economic leader he has been incredibly effective and our economy is in great condition. He has made a bad situation worse for most when it comes to insurance and healthcare. Overall.... not a fan.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I see your Saudi royal family and raise you Aliko Dangote.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have no idea who that is, but based on a scan of the wiki article, I assume he's a wealthy Nigerian nationalist, focusing on building business within the country. But isn't Nigeria relatively wealthy (by central Africa standards at least) due to oil exports? So their citizens have money to spend due to the oil industry, right?

And isn't that where Broome works? The money he blows while in country alone should bump their GDP position up a couple of notches!

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The average Nigerian is poor, by US standards.

Broome is in Ghana. :)

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Most Americans have no clue how good we have it here. I know all of the Nigerian guys I work with say that they are way better off in the US than they were in Nigeria. I guess thats why they are always happy and smiling...:D
    And from what I saw working in the region Nigerians are better off than the people in Cameroon and EG...

JTW and 600 dbl are like this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That shit needs to stop...and all previous BS manifested in that manner. Period.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Back when I was in a Boeing building next to the airport the Blue Angels used to practice barrel rolls very low across the roof of our building. You could hear the roof gravel moving after they were gone.

Of course watching these sit on the hill and track in coming aircraft after 9/11 :crackup:Surprisingly there was complaints :beer:

G 97 and Fonda Dix like this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Says the guy that claimed that after all the votes were counted, Trump would win the popular vote*. You were not only wrong on that, you were dead wrong.

Smart people that actually know stuff tend not to brag. It's viewed as poor form not only because it's condescending to "lesser beings" who might simply be ignorant, but when it comes back to bite you in the ass, you look like a pompous fool.
    " The problem with the world is only the foolish are cocksure, while the wise are full of doubt".
    --Rick Perry did not say this
    I do applaud you for doubling down on the double, though. Good luck.

* cue the fraud claim.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

About 25 years ago I was hiking on a ridge in Vermont and a pair of A-10s came roaring up the valley below me. Incredible sight and sound to be looking down on them as the swept up the valley. I will never forget that. :flag:

Fonda Dix likes this.
  10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

There was a total recount done in one state right? That hardly qualifies as a full recount but carry on with your tantrum because it's very fun to watch. In fact, reports that Michigan's recount (before it was stopped) was turning up massive voter fraud in Detroit. If there was a full recount of this election then yes, there is a high chance of Trump winning the pop vote.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I will have to admit that I wasn't sure of Trump from the start of the election process but now he's settling down a bit and making some moves that make a little more sense. Just watching the stock market's reaction to his present small actions gives me hope that the economy will follow pretty quickly in spite of, in my opinion, the dumbass at the head of the Fed raising the rate quickly, with more hikes promised later. (I think she's doing that especially to damage the economy going into Trump's time in office.)

I also love to watch the died in the wool liberals, especially Hollyweird, go ape-shit trying desperately to change reality. The dumb mofos are actually demanding that electors defy the Constitutional process and change their vote just to satisfy Hollyweird's sense of superiority. For me, I say this, using a term from back in the day of the old western movies, screw them and the horse they rode in on.

I have no sense that Trump will not go on to be a somewhat effective President and even if he doesn't, it will still be head and shoulders above what we've been dealing with the last eight years. :flag:

12. sheepofblue

Worse the entire majority of votes is nonsense. How many do not vote on either side because they are in a state that their choice has no chance of carrying? You see some voters actually know the law and factor it in the effect.

We might as well be talking of donut consumption by each campaign as a factor.

13. sheepofblue

dyed in the wool

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I like Orvis' description.

crashman likes this.
  15. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Is that the sheep version of 'Suicide Blonde' - "Dyed by her own hand"?

Orvis likes this.
  16. sheepofblue

surely ewe jest

I had to go all grammar nazi on him given the lack of sheeplish here :beer:

17. DonTZ125

Not at all - and don't call me Shirley!

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Tantrum? Seriously, man, get a grip. You can try to qualify your claim all you want. The data do not support your claim, hence you are 100% wrong. Trump did not win the popular vote. No "ifs" get to happen except in your warped mind.

19. DonTZ125

Hate to poke my hockey stick in here, but everything I've read indicates that not only have all the votes not been counted, they will NEVER all be counted. The overseas civvie and mil votes are not in yet from what I've seen, and - far more pertinent - I've seen it stated several times that when some level of supermajority of votes is achieved, THEY STOP COUNTING. The total number of votes is irrelevant, only the mathematical certainty that one candidate has a sufficient lead that none of the contenders could possibly overtake.

Obviously, for a state like NH where the margin of victory was, oh, THREE, they keep going to the bitter end AND have an automatic recount. In a state like California with a margin of victory of 4.5Mvotes, that margin is what existed when the supervisors told everybody to pack up and go for beer. Whatever other votes remained uncounted were simply irrelevant to the task at hand, which was determining who got the Electoral College votes.

The 'popular vote' numbers are like the old "Whose Line Is It" tagline - "Everything's made up and the points don't matter!" :p

Hmmm ... Mike Rowe for Pres, Ryan Stiles for VP! o_O

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Yeah, everything in Texas is burning oil :D