1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I know. But man to be as close to the Ag community and having direct contact with farmers on a regular if not a daily basis and seeing things directly first hand that are completely opposite of what the MSM is reporting was sobering. It really did reinforce the entire fake news aspect that Trump is stating.

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Same thing in my line of work. I talk to people all over and it's very consistent. What I see and hear is very different than what MSM says is true.

G 97 likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

China may have said they would buy elsewhere
    but where would that elsewhere be?
    I doubt they had a choice.

4. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. I would be interested to see how China would decide to double their Ag imports from the US. Maybe they shift purchasing from other countries?

Right now it seems, at least in the upper midwest, that the main threat to farmers is the weather.

https://www.soymeal.org/soy-meal-articles/world-soybean-production/

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just keep her out of water....

6. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

same is true for Colorado Springs. No need to come here. Ever.

:D

gixxerreese likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would think that pork is also involved going forward. They experience an African Swine fever that killed over 100 million pigs so they are hurting for more pork.

Yeah, weather is always a threat, some years more then others. I think Iowa is sitting at 10% harvested about two weeks behind average. We also had such a late planting that maturity is only @75% or so but we did have the first frost so growing is all over now. But the weather has turned perfect and it’s full on go time. The good thing is, and a testament to just how well equipment performs with out break downs etc and how farmers have a good amount of equipment capacity - they’ll run 24-7 and possibly on Sunday as well. The cool thing is, is having farmer friends and old college guys contact you to run a combine for 1/2 day or make a few grain hauls etc. so it’s good to get out. I expect by Monday we’ll be sitting at well over 50% completed which is amazing. The air quality in Iowa is taking a hit with all the harvest dust. :D

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I know Brazil initially benefited. But as you know, it’s a world market. So the markets that use to take Brazil’s beans had to go elsewhere that elsewhere was the US. Albeit not at the same levels but it wasn’t like all of a sudden China not taking any beans from the US resulted in a 100% reduction in US bean exports. Which the MSM clearly didn’t bother to mention or even know.

10. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Never mind that farmers can be a stubborn bunch
    :D

G 97 likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We've got some corn up here that didn't make it, even for silage. Ears didn't fill out on some and others that never even got into dent, it'll fill them up but not going to make alot of milk on it. My brother said both his corn and beans made it but still really wet, no where near ready to combine, corn he tested last week was still 33 % moisture. Was a very fucked up year.

G 97 likes this.
  12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Trump is expected to announce this morning that iSIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to have been killed in US raid in Syria. I wonder if letting the ISIS prisoners released allow the forces to track one to Baghdadi?

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Watching Meet The Press, what a bunch of assholes...Chuck Todd is a DickHead.

XFBO and G 97 like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fencer likes this.
  15. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

When did you (open to anyone) start thinking that the MSM was spreading "fake news"? Has this been a gradual progression or was it a fairly sudden point in time?

Not trying to debate whether they are or aren't (people are fairly set in their thinking on that topic and we've all got better things to do with our time), but when do you think they started to differ significantly from "the truth"? And the followup is, what do you think the catalyst was for them to start misrepresenting "the truth", I'm honestly curious about yours and other's answers and not trolling or looking for an argument.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I have most of my adult life, mostly due to what I believed to be purposeful inaccuracies in reporting on many LE related matters local to me. However, since DJT got into Office and has called them out on it, the frequency seems to have really escalated and their slant has only increased. They (and their alliance to the DNC) have essentially been outed under this Presidency.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"He didn't write that, someone else wrote that for him"....:)

G 97 likes this.