1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The economy was NOT doing well. That was one of the slowest recoveries in our history and that while the government was printing and borrowing money at crazy rates (still borrowing to much) while giving money away at effectively zero (charts I look at peg the bottom at 0.25% not zero as they claim that is the lowest it can go)

https://www.thebalance.com/fed-funds-rate-history-highs-lows-3306135

jrsamples likes this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

No argument there. The economy was not doing that well, hence why they kept the rate that low. Duh.
    The economy is doing fine now and inflation is under control is all I was saying so what the Fed was doing was proven to be correct.

The fed doesn't control the borrowing done my the federal government. I am 100% with you there was and is way too much of that going on, but why would you put that criticism on the Fed instead of Congress and possibly the White House?

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I posted Federal Government thus all of them. The fed's printing of money was a huge mistake in my opinion that masked how horrible Obama's policies were for business IMO. Also I think they are a bit aggressive on the rate increases though if they start to flatten out a bit now I would not be critical of them.

Kind of ironic that they have done so many increases to cool the Trump economy while zero under Obama. Oh and while Obama inherited a recession check the rate increases just prior to his coronation....maybe they got to aggressive then also.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

When you have line workers making as much as a Harvard professor what do you expect?

Of the reported $1 billion dollars they say they are losing, how much of it is attributed to this

What about the other car manufacturers?

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The $1 billion loss is what they are attributing to the tariffs. Their stock being down 29% would contain any additional losses.

I'd guess Ford is also recovering from their announcement to basically scale back to production of only two cars in the US. Even though it follows exactly what people buy, the news surrounding it almost made it sound like they were phasing out of cars - especially coupled with the Ford Mobility move a few years ago.

As for the others, there is a lot of bracing for the worst because it appears inevitable. Ironic since these are the exact plants and manufacturers that are vital to American independence as was trotted out before the trade war.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-ma...es-are-affecting-the-auto-industry-1531992600

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2018/09/18/tariff-impact-auto-car-shopping/1343860002/

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...to-industry-tariffs-hurt-consumers/639695002/

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

So you chose someone that fucks over our guys protecting us overseas and leaves ambassadors(that’s supposed to be a “friend”) to die over a guy that might have screwed a few contractors??? Good choice pal, sane logic there. :rolleyes:

kangasj and brex like this.
  7. BHP41

Sounds like you are voting R the next time out. A lot of those need to go but ANY of them are far better than ANY Dem at this point.

8. BHP41

9. BHP41

You’re right. There isn’t any. The Dems have taken that away. It’s Dems vs EVERYONE else. Senate Dems, Clinton and Holder made that very clear in the last couple of weeks and days.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

11. 600 dbl are

Good job not answering the question.

Tariffs impact price. Who would have thunk it? I expect growing pains, what do you expect?

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

So how's that Russia investigation going Mueller? And why all of a sudden is Glenn Simpson pleading the 5th?
    :crackup:

Gonna be a fun time watching all these swamp rats turn on each other and run for cover!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    BHP41 and kangasj like this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

lol.
    The number of people and organizations that are to blame for the financial crisis is long. I am not saying that the Fed wasn't one of the many that could have potentially stopped it, but saying it is them and only them that is to blame is laughable. Here is a partial list off the top of my head:

Overzealous borrowers buying more than they can afford "knowing" they can refinance because the value will go up, the Clinton pushing everyone to own a home through the Fanny Freddie, Fanny and Fredie, the real estate agents, the home appraisers, the mortgage companies, the bond raters, the people slicing up the mortgages to fool the bond raters.

GRH likes this.
  14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I told you exactly how much they claim is due to the tariffs then stated I dont know exactly how it's impacted others, but the industry in general is prepping for the worst.

I directly answered the question that you were apparently too dense to get directly from the original article and provided you with additional information since you're too lazy to Google.

But good job adding another comment to the thread!

15. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

whats in your wallet? evidence of a debt.. can you pay off a debt with another debt?

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

17. 600 dbl are

So Ford is the only one losing a billion dollars. Got it. And no, you didn't say how it would impact others. Your lazy ass posted articles stating John Madden, tariffs increase prices.

So Trump is to blame because Ford is piss poor at managing things. Perfect. I guess we could have continued to do it your (Democrat) way and take it up the ass from the rest of the world with a smile.

Thanks for your non contribution to this thread, you've been amazing as always.

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Some missing info, a few holes and they don't do a great job of tying it all together, but for the most part, it's all there.
    I find it positively hilarious that this whole Russian collusion narrative has gone from trying to prevent Trump from being elected, to trying to make a case for impeachment, to ultimately a cover up of their own wrong doings. All the scum bag swamp dwellers involved need to rot in jail over this...including Hillary.

The most amazing and ultumately disappointing part of this whole story is that the main stream media is dead quiet about it. Not a mention. Only blip I ever hear is still lightly trying to push the Trump/Russia narrative.
    Journalism is DEAD.

The Obama administration, Hillary's campaign, the DOJ, the CIA, the FBI and foreign intelligence from Great Britain and Australia all conspire to attempt to prevent a candidate from being elected and then continue after the election in an attempt to remove him from office. A spy novelist couldn't even make this shit up.

A few questions remain...How is Mueller going to quietly wrap up his investigation without having egg all over his face? Will the Inspector General's report be detailed and honest and recommend the participants be subject to a grand jury? The evidence is there for indictment. How far reaching will the indictments go? Has Hillary isolated herself enough with enough layers? And last but not least, once the truth becomes public knowledge, how does the press redeem itself for being complicit and a willing participant in the largest scandal in the country's history? Do they come clean and beg forgiveness? Will they even accurately report the findings?

One thing for sure. The shits about to hit the fan.

How's that Hope and Change working out for you Obama voters?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    kangasj likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They hope it will change