1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They may both offer bad results, but the same? No.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yea but now we gotta deal with SNL being lame and it funny 4 more years:/

six6two likes this.
  3. six6two

six6two AWD

Sorry it's hard for me not to paint with broad strokes here. I mean just as bad for us either way. Like arguing over Nike vs. Adidas... Sure they look different and are different brands... Nike may have been popped for more sweat shops or whatever, but they're pretty much the same thing. No sense in getting bent out of shape either way IMO

4. six6two

six6two AWD

True.. you can also already see SNL deep in the suck

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sorry bro, insimply cannot compare Hillary to trump.

I could compare damn near all the other republican candidates to Hillary or Bernie but not trump.

The establishment folks were shaking in their boots about trump. Fuck, "Mr Establishment", Jeb was about one mean word from balling his eyes out in front of the country.....

While I'm sure there will be strings pulled, I don't think it will be remotely close to the level of any other candidates from either side.

As bad as I hate to say it, I suspect trump won't play ball and will be targeted. I REALLY hope im wrong but I've been correct about literally everything thus far the past year about trump...

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not inclined to panic at this point. The right people are upset. I find that encouraging.

Metalhead and crashman like this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The idiot hired a goldman sachs exec, an oil exec, a moron of epic proportions for energy secretary and guy from breitbart. Those are 4 of the worst (and most corrupt) picks in the history of politics. I don't think Clinton would have been a good president and I am glad it didn't win but if you think any one of those has your best interest in even the most remote corner of their cold black hearts........ you're fucking delusional. If trump lasts a whole term i'll be surprised.

The Great One and VintageWannabe like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As I said, I am not ready to panic. YMMV, but then you've been pretty much on the anyone but Trump bandwagon for a while, IIRC.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'm not panicking at all. As said before, south park is gonna be epic and I love the snl stuff. Fallon also does a great trump. I never said who I would vote for or who I support........ just openly said no Clintons or Bushes. Trump was not an acceptable alternative in my book.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

The meeting he had yesterday with all the tech industry leaders and CEOs was epic. Most were openly critical of Trump and took every opportunity to voice their disdain for him during the election. Funny how Trump was able to bring them all in and is calling on them to step up and join in towards his agenda and ideas etc.

Although, Zukerberg wimped out and sent one of his lackeys. :crackup:

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

:dead::crackup:

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Based upon zero days worth of data :crackup: Of course it would be different if he had that Nobel Prize, then we would know the next eight will be great.:Pop:

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Obama:
    Hillary - FAR more corrupt as GS was paying her off
    Arne Duncan -- common core has made math simple for millions so I guess this is a win
    Steven Chu -- egg head over the energy department. Sol...... cough. But now that we are 100% wind and solar oh wait.... but costs are down... oh wait. However he did upgrade the energy grid ... so next up
    Lisa Jackson -- EPA saves the planet. Well except Colorado where they created an epic disaster and spill of toxins. Still waiting to hear who was punished/promoted on that one.
    Eric Holder -- lets start by not prosecuting a group that was threatening people at the polling station openly with video. At least he was consistent through the rest of his tenure.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm thinking the same thing. So far I'm liking a lot of the choices. Not like they'll make stuff all that much worse.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not so sure it's the same just more open - both sides of politicians are getting all sorts of pissy about his choices and that is new, which means the choices aren't the usual cast of bribing characters.

Metalhead likes this.
  16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is a sign of things to come for the next 8 years.

17. six6two

six6two AWD

I don't think Hilary and Trump are the same, I just think either will be equally influenced by what I consider the real establishment, the 200 or so families responsible for 80% of super PAC donations in the past, won't have any more trouble manipulating Trump to expand his(their) empire than they would have with Hilary.

The biggest red flag for me about Trump's greed is not his bank account, but his constant focus on how much stuff he has, liberal use of imminent domain in some really shitty situations after already having billions, and alleged baby hand complex.

That said, I'd like to believe I'd do a good job myself, but in reality these secretive families pumping all this money into the system are the real pros, and would probably have no more problem figuring out how to pull my strings.

In summary I have no faith in the system as a whole.. So I don't get caught up with petty shit like the POTUS :D

That said, him already having billions may enable him to resist, but I believe that goes against the nature of how power effects people across the board. I really hope you're right, and really really hope this massive tax break hits!

No matter what though, south park is going to fucking kill it!!:crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How is the guy from Breitbart corrupt? The oil exec has more experience negotiating with powers around the world than even our current Secretary of State. His job has been negotiating the next deal for his employer and the worst for the other guys, well gee, sounds like the Sec State job to me.... You may not like Perry but he's far from a moron - however the Energy Department just willy nilly pissing away billions on methods of energy that won't ever be viable is moronic so you've got the right word, just in the wrong place :D

None of it seems corrupt in any way.

R Acree and blkduc like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well there ya go, you like SNL right now.

I've been trying to watch. Some of the political stuff was funny but overall the show is still just bad. I miss the 70's.

cav115 and V5 Racer like this.