1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sad but true.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is nothing wrong with that. Nor anything wrong with him taking the job and the cash. It only becomes wrong if the father does anything in exchange.

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Like withhold a billion dollars?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That would be something to look into wouldn't it :D

5. Spang308

I'm not saying what Hunter did was illegal, or that Joe paving the way is, but it sure as hell was unethical and later may have cross the legal lines when the withholding of U.S. funds came into play.

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Not if you're the MSM :p

7. Spang308

Exactly. Let's send Rudy over. Oh wait...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed if that is what happened - but the kid getting and taking the job is not the issue.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So now the house does not even have to vote on it according to Ms you have to pass it to see what is in it.

10. Spang308

She is in a high speed wobble. Shiff's latest scam is unraveling faster than a ball of yarn in the kitten room of the S.P.C.A. There is nothing in that call and everyone knows it.
    She can't put it to a vote because she doesn't have the votes. She needs 218. She has MAYBE 150, and that's the ones talking bad saying impeach knowing they won't be put on record. If she puts it to a vote and fails, she'll look like an ass and anyone on the record voting for it from a red district is doomed.
    She'll walk it back and it'll quietly go away...or stand back and watch the nuke go off. I prefer she proceeds. It will give him back the house.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You under estimate her arrogance and the Republican stupidity. I could see her forwarding 'impeachment' with no vote to the Senate and 'itch McConnell not have the guts to tell her to pound sand until the house votes.

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Does this hold true for Trump then or is it different somehow?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As with Biden, the reason why is the important part.

Withholding to get an investigation without expectation of result is different than withholding them to get a person fired who is investigating your sons company.

Overall though withholding to get any sort of political gain for your country or the like is totally normal.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Trump didn't withhold any funds nor did
    he threaten to. Nowhere in that phone call
    are the two things linked together. The contents
    of the call are there for you to read.

15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Did you read Mulvaney’s comments today?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

Trump has been big on withholding from nations he has concerns about. Ukraine being one of them and corruption being a huge part of it. It wasn't specifically to force them to investigate Burisma or even the prosecutors firing. Bidens withholding - with the full support of his boss and a lot of other countries - was to fire a single specific person, that's a huge difference to me. Now that being said if they investigate and find that prosecutor was corrupt and was not investigating Burisma then all good. It was done for exactly why he said it was. Prosecutor could easily be lying. Would be good to investigate it all and find out...

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LMAO, the new spin. I thought it was all about Biden. His comments "by telling reporters at the White House Thursday that the release of military aid to Ukraine was tied to the administration’s demands that Kiev investigate purported corruption by the Democrats during the 2016 presidential election campaign."

No where in that conversation did Trump mention that he was going to withhold aid if they didn't help with the 2016 investigation. I've read the transcript.

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Shit, never felt sorry for cats before.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When questioned by reporters about the administration’s decision to withhold $400 million in aid from Ukraine, Mulvaney said that Trump told him at the time: "This is a corrupt place. Everyone knows this is a corrupt place ... Plus, I'm not sure that the other European countries are helping them out either.”

Mulvaney added: “Did [Trump] also mention to me, in the past, the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely. No question about that. But that’s it. And that’s why we held up the money ... The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate.”

Trump has already said that they weren't going to release
    all the funds until he had a handle on who might be corrupt.
    None of that was discussed in the phone call.

20. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

So how does this emoluments thing work?