1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck Shopping Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

So I was meeting with my accountant last week and told him I was going to buy new shocks for my truck and he suggested I not do that and just buy a new truck so here are the options I am looking at, and my thought process, I do not need it to tow anything large i have a 3500 for that, I am looking for something really comfortable with good seats, does anyone own any of the following?

1) Ford Raptor -- I like this truck a ton but it seems big for a daily driver
    2) NEW Honda Ridgeline -- its more of a car but has some cool features nice interior.
    3) Jeep Trackhawk -- Not a truck but I have a little trailer for the dirtbike rides. Could get me some speeding tickets
    4) Chevy Colorado ZR2 -- Nice truck but crappy seats

Are there any mid size trucks in the market with Mercedes like interiors?

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Ridge line is a joke
    Track hawk hasn’t been released yet.

If you’re shopping midsize (ZR2), look at the Tacoma’s. They grew a bit with the 2016-ish redesign. Plus you won’t loose your ass in depreciation.

OldSchlPunk and Funkm05 like this.
  3. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I've got an exceptionally clean 2014 Ram 1500 Sport that I'm selling to make room for new (to me) BMW. Not sure what you're looking to spend or if you're considering half-tons at all, but a cleaner truck you will not find. It's been my daily for the last three years.

4. Critter

Critter Registered

The trackhawk is in stock at the local dealer

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

With an $80k sticker and a $10k “market adjustment”

Looks like Broome has competition :)

But seriously, if you can snag a Trackhawk at or less than sticker it’s a monster!

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

All the F series trucks now basically share the same interior.

I have a 17 F350 and one of my good friends has a 17 Raptor. Same inside.

Seats are amazing.

Serious upgrade from the seats in my 2011 F350 I had.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Since when or why does that make sense from an accounting pov?

shakazulu12, rugbymook and Chango like this.
  8. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Put new shocks in your existing truck

Steeltoe and Chango like this.
  9. Talk about all over the map. They are all totally different vehicles from grocery getter, to pre runner to performance on the street. Narrow down what “kind” of vehicle you want.

10. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

When the accountant just happens to be a truck salesman also.

11. Critter

Critter Registered

It makes sense in that my business can buy the truck and I can write off all of it this year, reducing my tax burden, I am close to the next bracket and the write off would help.
    I am looking for an SUV or Truck with a comfortable interior, the only caveat is the GVWR must be over 6,000 pounds

12. fastfreddie

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  13. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

C6806BD1-2D27-4C85-8CAA-60D1119193E3.png Toyota Tacoma 4x4 ..lease it ! 350 down thru us bank 250$ mo 36 mo.. can tow alot for its size plenty of room . Just a suggestion!!!

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

When you fucked up, and made too much money!

15. fastfreddie

Not heavy enough.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Tax bracket malarky....Bumping up to the next bracket doesn't increase your taxes...only that portion over the bracket limit gets taxed at the higher rate.....please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Jesse likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

RAM 1500 reportedly has a comfy ride...and you can "get some" with the go pedal if that appeals to ya.

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

19. fastfreddie

I guess I shoulda said here's a list. I thought it was kinda short but, not being the one needing to fit a purchase into a tax scheme, I wasn't gonna put much effort into it. :D

20. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member