1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck caps?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You leave it running all night?

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Fuck Leer. Had to replace the latches and t-handle damn near yearly. One side never closed completely. Rubber strip on flip outs kept coming off. Leer could care less when called. Also the refuse to sell customers the parts, have to go to a "dealer" and pay 3-4 times more.

Look at Lakeland Toppers (I think they have 3 dealers in WI and are made here). Not crazy priced. Decent styling.

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’ve spent a lot of time sleeping in the back of my truck. When I travel, I just slide a mattress in the back and use truckstop showers. I’m usually good down to ~20°F. However, I’ve had times where it got too cold or hot and had to resort to the back seat and leaving the truck run. A Suburban/Ex would be much more comfortable than an extended cab’s rear seat.

4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

This is sage advice especially when reading posts in various vehicle forums and on (the dreaded) Facebook.

ducnut likes this.
  5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Just checked them out, man they really do have great pricing. You’ve been happy with the quality?

6. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Boss put one on his truck. No complaints that he’s expressed to me. I know he and his kid sleep back there when the weather turns to shit when they camp/fish remote lakes in the UP.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Well then. That might just be the move, I suppose.

8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Yep. Bought mine used though. Its about 19yrs old and paint is still good. I had to replace the t-handle since the guy I got it from lost the key. The rear rubber flap on the bottom of the window is deteriorating a little.

I just shake my head when I see the prices of toppers from some of the "big names" exceeding $3-4K.