1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble shooting a PCIII quickshifter

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon Wilkens, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

2008 Honda CBR600, has the PCIII and Ignition module installed along with the quickshifter. It is not giving me any ignition kill. It is a pull type and does extend when actuating the shifter. I've taken a meter, checked it's continuity at rest (open circuit) and when it's pulled (continuity). It seems all other connections are fine. I bought bike used and supposedly has not had any issues. What else can I do to troubleshoot?? Any known issues in the past with this set up failing? Scratchin my head here.....thanks

2. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Many years ago had same issue with my R6, contacted Dynojet and very helpful guy guided me in solving the problem. My problem was if I remember correctly that my QS was "disabled" and we access that function by conecting computer with Dynojet program to the PCIII via host session.
    Please keep in mind this was probably 5-7 years ago...

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

First, check the switch on the QS sensor. Make sure it either opens or closes (the opposite of what it does at rest) when you push/pull on the shift lever.

If the QS sensor is good, then connect the USB, run the software and see what the cutout settings are.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  4. Jon Wilkens

I already did that with a meter...seems to function as a switch should. Open circuit as rest, closed circuit when open. I am waiting for the software CD...currently don't have that.

5. beac83

Software download link:
    https://www.dynojet.com/downloads/

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  6. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Hey Jon I had to go through that on my SV- you need a file that will enable you to unlock that feature on the software for your PC3. I think you have my # but I only have your old one. If not PM me.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  7. Jon Wilkens

Right now, I don't have laptop capable of downloading the software (OS Linux based). Looking into some options.

8. If you are having trouble shooting your PCIII, I would suggest making sure your grip is correct, and tight. And do some dry-firing drills. It is highly likely you are anticipating recoil and pulling the sights off-target, before you have even fired. :D

Gino230 and Mike Lafayette like this.
  9. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I can bring mine to Barber in July if you can wait that long.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I learned don’t put Linux on my laptop.

11. beac83

Or keep one Windows laptop lying around for the software that is Windows-only. Refurb/off lease laptops are relatively cheap. (less than a set of tires)

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  12. Jon Wilkens

I have to check to see if I have an older one that could do that.

13. Jon Wilkens

Yeah...this is the only thing it won't do for me. Hardly a reason to not put it on there...no window hassles or constant stupid updates. Linux keeps things simple...that's all I need.

Boman Forklift likes this.