1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph 765?

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Mar 8, 2017.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I see that Triumph are increasing the Street Triple displacement from 675cc to 765cc for 2018. Anyone know if the Daytona will see a similar bump?

The Street Triple RS is really speaking to me as a street/track day/novice coaching tool. Lots of upgrades on that one.

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

There won't be a Daytona anymore, 2017 is the last year they are offering it.

six6two likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This appears to be the case. Although a Daytona 765R would be SICK!

Maybe the 765cc engine from the Street Triple will fit in the Daytona?

six6two likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

5. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Well sh!t, I hadn't heard that.

BigBird likes this.
  6. I was hoping they would punch it out to match the MV and create a Daytona 800R.

Love the power delivery, light weight, etc of the 675 and the Triple motor. I've always thought a Daytona 800R would be like the perfect bike.

That is why I keep thinking about going with an MVF3 800. But parts/data/etc is essentially non-existent for them.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

will Triumph make any more sportbikes?

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Nope. They are out of the Sportsbike segment for now.

9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

*clears throat*

As the owner of a Street Triple and on my second track-only Daytona, I can say with conviction that the Street Triple is undoubtedly a sport bike. It's naked, but it's sporty as fuck and isn't much slower around a track than a Daytona.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

when you measure your lap times in hours instead of minutes and seconds, I guess yeah, they'll be around the same time :p

11. Yep. Lots of guys on the Triumph forum have matched their Daytona lap times on their track prepped Street Triple.

SuddenBraking and six6two like this.
  12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

i cant imagine they will stay out of the sportbike segment given that they are supplying the new Moto2 engine.

i guess we just gotta wait and see.

Boman Forklift and badmoon692008 like this.
  13. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Having your new engine in Moto2 actually seems like a good move to support the brand. Sport bikes are not the same as the Moto2 bikes, but you get to promote that your engine is what powers it.

14. Make one.

15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Fixed.

stk0308 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Nothing a set of Carillo Rods can't fix

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Per Richard Newland @ MCN

scottn, XFBO and 5axis like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

j cal, 5axis and pfhenry like this.
  19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Not holding my breath, but umm yeah that'd be pretty sweet. Give it current electronics, and put some trail in the OEM triples and let her rip. ( I guess the "B" classes and HWT )

Jeveritt likes this.
  20. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

There just going to burn threw a lot of cash for the Moto 2 engines and build no street bikes !! First they need to be reliable as the Honda moto2 engines give them a few years to get that right . Let’s start a pole to see who can guess the number of engine failures during the 1st race and every race after that and the total all year !!!