1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip to Nashville - What to do/see

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannoli, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I don't tell anyone my side routes. They'll figure it out. :D

Steak Travis likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:eek: Did they fix that 'vette swallowing sinkhole?

3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

No.

Still there, including the `vettes in it.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Lockeland Table is about the only thing worth visiting over on the east side unless you smoke cigs. They let you smoke in 3 crow or you can be super hipster and hit up the villager in hillsboro village to drink bad beer and smell like a carton of cigarettes. Your eyes will hate you. If it's your birthday you get a free pitcher out of a dog bowl that everyone keeps filling up. Pharmacy is actually pretty good though and Mas Taco's is pretty well known and tasty if you get lost and end up on the east side.

Bushwackers at rebar are pretty good. That's "midtown." Hattie B's is located here but it's always packed. Dart's Charlotte location is better. The southern is great and right next to it is a place called Etch, which is fantastic.

Avoid the blue bird cafe. If you want to see real songwriters that don't suck, let me know the dates and I'll know where they are actually going to be and you don't have to wait in line.

5. Yeah, but it also has a bunch of hipster bars (if that's your thing), and some really good restaurants, including one of the best burger places in the US (The Pharmacy).

6. Etch is the best restaurant in Nashville IMO, and is actually less expensive than The Southern. The wine list at Etch is very good, with excellent wines for reasonable (for a restaurant) prices,

And if you get tired of country pop music or bad indie rock, the Nashville Symphony is top-notch, and the symphony venue is one of the best in the world. Or you can just drink until the country twangy noise becomes less annoying :)

Steak Travis likes this.
  7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I live here too and if you're interested my wife now operates an AirBnb that you might enjoy using if it's available when you guys are here. Also, I've been storing all your old posts in the corner of my garage so you could get your post count back. :)

8. Lawn Dart

I didn't know Etch was less expensive. Good to know... I always end up taking family and out of town guests to the Southern just because I like the inside of the place.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'll second "the southern" restaurant. If you go try the barbeque shrimp appetizer. They do a great job building flavor in that sauce. Its a creole dish that has nothing to do with bbq sauce. I had a great dry aged strip steak there too.

They also have a decent bourbon selection. For TN.

10. Lawn Dart

We export the bad shit and import the good shit. :D

rd400racer and cBJr like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree with this. We ended up going with a group of 20 people, and everyone loved it. Very interesting to see and nice tasting at the end.

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Hey guys, thanks for the (mostly) great ideas! I really appreciate it. Dart, my wife was particularly impressed with the detail you provided. Clearly she has poor judgment. I mean, she married me, right? :D

@gixxernaut If you're up for it, I wouldn't mind taking a look at my old post count for old times sake :beer:. PM coming your way about the Air BnB.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Sorry, asked my wife and she says she's already booked all through October. Best of luck finding something that meets your needs. Still welcome to drop by for a brew and to rummage through my garage!

She said she has openings in November if that helps.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:stupid:
    That's only because you didn't go with Parrish.

t11ravis likes this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Some very good friends of ours have an airbnb if you're interested. Great people and would be easy to deal with. Let ,e know if you'd like their contact info.