1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Training:What do you do for the season

Discussion in 'General' started by redciv1, Dec 21, 2008.

1. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

Hello. This is going to be my first season racing and while it is cold I need to start training for the upcoming season. I've heard the lower body takes a beating and I should focus on the legs and and thighs. Any ideas?

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

3. mxguy125

mxguy125 Member

Crossfit. Just google it and do the WOD (workout of the day). You'll be in the best shape of your life in no time.

4. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Work on your heart. A stronger more efficient heart keeps the blood flowing and more awareness is guaranteed to follow. Concentration is a vital element to winning races.

5. wsuduc

wsuduc Well-Known Member

what he said.

Or search the forum, you will find just about any and all opinions on this topic.

Like this one: Strength Training for Racing

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I ride my mountain bike as much as I can. at least 10 miles per trip of through the woods singletrack. Up and down hills and other crazy things.

Friday I did end up going over the bars at about 20. Nasty highside, but don't worry I broke my fall with my face, so everythings ok. I kinda screwed up the wifes plans of Christmas pictures on Sat though.

7. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

search

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I find it hard to believe you could have made it any worse.

9. stickboy274

According to the wife.....your right. I'm to pretty to even get messed up.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

11. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Bicycles. Not as addicting as roadracing, but still pretty addicting. Plus Troy Bayliss, Mat Mladin, Ben Spies, the Bostroms, Josh Hays, Max Biaggi, and probably every other professional racer currently in existence can't all be wrong.

12. stickboy274

You forgot to put my name in that list.

13. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

not that i want to see your goofy mug, but how bad did you screw it up? pictures? or is this just all talk and really not that bad? I had a close call last night at work with a rogue broken air line fitting. came flyin around and gave me a bloody nose... but nothing exciting. I'd post a youtube link to a gnarly mtb crash, but...

14. stickboy274

I came out pretty good, but there was a guy close enough that he may have seen it all, but he did hear it all. He was tying not to laugh his a$$ off while he asked if I was ok. Just some scrapes and a sore nose.

It seems I highsided it after digging a pedal into a root. I was still holding the bars when I finally stopped. I was pretty sure I could save it right up ntill it started hurting.

15. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

I totally agree, crossfit is the best workouts you can do , but be prepared to feel the pain.

16. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

Don't forget weight training to get good upper body strength.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You should have started months ago. Diet and exercise. The motorcycle does most of the work. Get used to hydrating now. If you want to have fun while doing your workout bicycling, running, motocross, anything to keep the heart rate up helps.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Elliptical 3 days a week, weights/machines 2 days a week is what I do. Haven't been able to do any since I crashed in August and then had the elbow surgery, but hope to start back at least on the aerobics after the first of the year. Go for an MRI on my shoulder tomorrrow, so we shall see how long it's going to be before I'm back on any weights. This getting old/falling apart business kinda sucks.

19. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

Mostly I just sit around and listen to Eye of the Tiger.

20. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the advice. Yes I should have started months ago.