1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Setup Advice

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 647, Aug 13, 2022.

1. 647

647 Well-Known Member

@gapman789 Thanks for posting the extra pics. For the vertical e-track that you have installed do you just have one side of that screwed into the metal studs of the trailer? I was thinking of putting up a couple of vertical strips close to the ceiling on one side onto which I could setup shelves and then have the flexibility to move them up or down. I read a post on etrailer.com about first screwing 3/4 or thicker plywood to the metal studs and then one side of the vertical e-track through the plywood into the metal stud and then the other side just into the 3/4 plywood. Wondering if that's overkill given I'll probably put tire warmers, riding gear, folding chairs and such up there and just put heavier stuff on the floor and strap it to the walls. What do you think?

I just finished getting all of the walls removed so that I can start installing electrical hookups, extra vents and then insulation.

I've wanted to get an RV for a while. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait about another 5 years until I move from this house to get one. My draconian HOA won't allow any RVs or similar vehicles parked outside. I think I'm going to go with a portable AC unit that I can move between the trailer and the van for the time being.

Next thing I need to sort out is a 6" diameter version of the sidewall vent or some other vent that will work with the trailer that is about that diameter for the dual intake/exhaust hose portable.

2. 647

647 Well-Known Member

3. 647

647 Well-Known Member

Here's an interesting DIY idea for the spare. My van stores its spare exactly the same way.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Yes, the vertical e-track is only screwed on one side of the track into the trailer studs. I used individual e-track slots in some areas. I put the e-track where I needed it to fit my needs so it's kinda here and there. I bought 8' lengths and cut it into my desired lengths. Seemed cheaper.

Adding plywood would be overkill IMO...You don't really want that much weight hanging on the walls to begin with.

etrack single.jpg

647 likes this.
  5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'll try and take some pics after work tomorrow

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I forgot to take pics but here ( http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/enclosed-trailer-features.363525/page-3#post-5692362 ) is a thread I put some pics in. I changed some stuff as thread went on, and I got rid of the wheel chocks and put in a couple of TRS mounts. You can see the shelving in the nose and the shore power.

This was a good thread.

647 likes this.
  8. 647

647 Well-Known Member

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Thinner is better and the least overlap. Strip curtains will be a PITA, if you go heavy on the material and overlap. You want them to be the least intrusive of your progress as possible. If you go heavy, they’ll knock off your glasses and hat; knock stuff out of your hands, like food; and be a right pain to deal with, everytime you go in/out.

I worked in the food service distribution industry, for years. They’re everywhere in those buildings and trucks. One quickly gets the gist of what works and what doesn’t.

10. 647

647 Well-Known Member

@gapman789 for the shelving that you have in the nose that is attached to the walls via etrack, can you remove them by unhooking them from the etrack?

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

yes, but the 2x4's are in the way of the e-bracket release tab. I screwed the 2x4's to the e-bracket 2x4 holders so you would simply unscrew the 2x4's from the bracket and lift the shelves out then remove the brackets. Screwing the 2x4's might not be necessary, but keeps the shelving from bouncing up and down.

trailer shelf2.jpg trailer shelf1.jpg trailer shelf.jpg trailer shelf4.jpg trailer shelf6.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  12. 647

647 Well-Known Member

Awesome. Thank you so much for the photos. I figured that given how the 2x4 etrack brackets worked that you wouldn't be able to lift it out with the brackets still attached to the shelf.

13. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

That is one beautiful setup. I happen to be working on my trailer, getting 2 TRS setups shortly and I think I'll order 3rd floor plate after looking at this thread. You have given me many great ideas. Love the side window. Mine could do with more light and a roof vent. I'm a visual type of person, this helped Thanks to those who provided amazon links, my cart is now getting full!