1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trail Camera

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Nov 8, 2019.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Time for a new one.
    What camera has good night time quality and won't break the bank?
    I have an older Moultrie and am not that impressed with it's night time capability.

TIA

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I think Exodus is supposed to be pretty good. The Hunting Public guys use them, so I put some faith in that. Used code THP10 and get 10% off.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

My Cuddeback took the best nighttime pictures. Now I have a Spypoint that has an app so I can see pictures without going to get the card. It's awesome but more expensive and you have to have decent cell coverage where the camera is located.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I bought pop a Wildgame Innovations trail cam it does pretty good shots.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have a couple bushnells and they’ve always been real good. My cuddieback is fair but kills batteries

6. I have a bushnell, a couple wild game innovations and 3 spy points. I like the spypoints the best. Easy to use, good value and solar which helps for places I don’t go a lot.

7. That’s what I need to bite the bullet and buy this year. A couple spots where I want to put them have decent cell coverage so I think I’m just going to spend the $ and do it. Will save me time plus the leas you are in and out of an area the better. I got lots of great shots this year of the nice buck, that I let the neighbor kid harvest. He’s getting it mounted and already brought me over some jerky and sausage is in the smoker. He also got a generic thank you card and wrote a note in there thanking me for letting him use my land and harvest a deer. To me that’s a lot better than me taking the buck because as I’ve said before, we need that next generation out there hunting. Off track, I know.

MachineR1 likes this.
  8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I want a inexpensive one to see what goes on in my back yard.

9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I have a Browning Spec Ops Hd. Was about $165.
    I love checking it every morning to see what's passing by my house.
    I'm right next to an open space/canyon and recently viewed a bobcat cruising by.

I'm gonna get a solar powered one also.

Duracell aa batteries last me a few months, running 20 second hd video clips.

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Caught another bobcat (probably same one) at 1:30am last night.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Bump for a good recc on this application. I got my eye on this 5pack on Amazon but they're 329 bucks. I was hoping for something maybe half that.

Cheap bastard I am. I don't need to be able to count the nose hairs on whatever critters pass by, I just want to identify them.

https://www.amazon.com/BlazeVideo-1...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TPV1MDTJ74H03EK1JHQC

12. You aren’t going to get much cheaper than that for. 5 of them. I’m actually trying out some WiFi security cameras back in my woods and out a repeater in my shed to get the WiFi a bit further out. WiFi or any trail cam you want to view remote is not cheap even for one. I had a few extra cameras so figured I’d try. Some coyote activity tonight for the first time in a while so since I’m wide awake I think I’ll try to control the heard a bit so they don’t eat my deer. Well that and they are just good to shoot because they try to eat every dog in my hood. They’ve eaten 3 dogs in the past year, why people leave little dogs out is beyond me bacjokg up to the woods.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. And now we wait. Couple jbl flip 4’s linked and a calling app works great

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I thought that blur passing by one of the cameras last month was a weasel.

Identity confirmed!

[​IMG]

Turns out there's two. I don't see a weasel weenie or a weasel beaver on either one, so I don't know if they are a mating pair or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to pet them!

SpeedyE likes this.