1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traction Control under SuperStock Rules

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Eshber, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Eshber

Eshber Well-Known Member

I'm looking for input and opinions from outside my club on a question I have concerning traction control systems. Specifically, our Superstock rules, like MotoAmerica's, prohibit aftermarket traction control if wheel sensors are needed. If you use a Bazazz system, where wheel sensors are not used, it is legal.

What is the reasoning behind this? In my mind, A Bazazz system is still aftermarket, and even though it does not use wheel sensors should not be legal.

What am I missing?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Enforcement.

I can't tell the difference externally between a system with or without traction control if it's using all of the stock sensors. Even if I were to test the system it can be hidden. The only way to truly enforce it would be spec ecu's. Even a stock one can be hacked if the programmer is good enough to program in what the Bazzaz system does.

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

What happened to people riding bikes? Without all the rider electronic aids.

4. Same reason motors now make about twice the hp with more reliability than years back, technology. BSB uses not electronic aids.

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

And because those are better than the ones that don't use wheel sensors. I used to have a Nemesis on my Ducati 1198 and it was way better than the OEM at the time or Bazzaz.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

It's called Vintage.

mpp12, Blue Junk, lonewrench and 3 others like this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Na....that's the stuff old farts hold together with bailing wire. They will regale you with stories about that spart they needed. Could have bought it at the store for $1, but instead spent an entire weekend rewinding a spring from some old model T part they had laying around.

Still looks like shit, but hey it works....and I didn't have to buy something at the store.

8. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

So you can't run an aftermarket traction control but if your bike came with it stock you can run it or use a flash to reprogram the ecu to make it better?

9. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Correct.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The way that is worded you can add it if the aftermarket ECU/piggyback (or your programming ability on the stock one) can set up the software to use the stock sensors to create one.

What is being outlawed is adding additional sensors.