1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Ideas??

Discussion in 'General' started by 1slowguy, Feb 22, 2002.

1. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

I live in NC, and was looking into maybe going to a track way out in BFE, but I dont know where and what the tracks are like. Ive been to TGPR,Road Atlanta,Roebling,VIR, and CMP. I was looking into Rousch Creek (8 hours from me),N Fla(8hours) and Putnam Park (11 hours). What are some of the others within 12 hours to me? (I checked out Mid America (WOW 19 hours, Way too far)
    I had my race year planned, but due to work schedule, it got cut in half [​IMG] unless I look into other options. Thanks.

2. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Well you can look all you want at Rausch but do not plan on riding on it, it ain't built.

------------------
    97 GSXR 750
    www.washingtoncycleworks.com

3. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

4. 1slowguy

Well, that sucks. I noticed ccs was there or had it scheduled for june 1st. Maybe I'll just go up there and play in the dirt. I end up there at some point in the day anyway.
    [​IMG]

5. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Everyone has scheduled there for the last 2 years but still no go. They are hoping for mid to end season opening but we will see. Sucks for me as it is only an hour away!

------------------
    97 GSXR 750
    www.washingtoncycleworks.com

6. 1slowguy

Yep, but I can look at web pages all day long and not have an idea on what the track is like. All of the ones ive looked at look great, but I would really hate to drive 12 hours to a track and not have any idea on what im going to. (either way, I'll be slow at any track i go to) [​IMG]

7. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

NPR in April.

The grip is supposed to be second to none.

8. RandyD

RandyD Zoinks!!!

Summit Point should be about 7 hours from you. There'll be a WERA Nat'l there on August 2-4. Nelson Ledges will come in around your 12-hour limit. You might also want to consider to Mid-Ohio, but alas, WERA doesn't go there.

BTW, what the heck does BFE mean?

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

bum-fuck egypt.

10. RandyD

RandyD Zoinks!!!

Aaaah. Well I just learned something. I'd heard of BFI (Bum Fuck Idaho), BFN (Bum Fuck Nebraska), and even EJN (East Jesus Nebraska). Never knew about BFE.

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Since you added Rausch, why don't you go ahead and include the new Barber track in Birmingham? [​IMG]

12. toeslider

toeslider Where is Watkinsville?

did anyone mention vir? cornerspeed does a lot of track days there if you want to check out their site.

13. toeslider

toeslider Where is Watkinsville?

sorry i just read your post again and you've been to vir. trying to watch usa beat up on russia...really hard to pay attention because we are kicking ass!!!

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've been to Putnam a bunch of times and love it. The only track in your area I can compare to is CMP. Putnam is much shorter (1.3 mi.) and has one fairly long straight, the rest of it is fairly flowing and smooth with just one really tight turn (Bus Stop). Surface is much better than CMP- no sealer strips or patches. There are curbs you can actually USE instead of those gawdawful "gatorbacks" at CMP. I don't know if I'd travel 11 hours to get there, but it is a fun track.

15. 1slowguy

yea, what he said. [​IMG]

16. 1slowguy

Yea, I could let them use my Wonderful, slow, amateur, thoughts on track building. But ive pretty much found out that dirt, pretty much anywhere, always tastes like dirt. [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. 1slowguy

I'm thinking about that for the june 1st weekend. Thanks

18. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Nelson's Ledges!!!! Just 'cause everyone should experience it, at least once. [​IMG]

19. Stimy25

Stimy25 Well-Known Member

Go to Nelsons, so that you can go home a tell the southerners how bad it "REALLY IS" Oh and not to be picky but Putnam is just a a shade under 1.8 miles.

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'll be damned, you're right. Sure seems shorter.