1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track day Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by repars, Feb 18, 2005.

1. repars

repars Active Member

Guys-

Just wondering what your thoughts are on trackday tires???
    I run mostly trackdays and I have been using Dunlop 208GPA's. They work great, but they are a tad expensive for track use. What are your opinions on Diablo Corsas or Pilot Powers??? The pilots are a little cheaper, are the Diablos better??? These will be going on a CBR 600 F4i.

Thanks
    JP

2. Smithjeb

Smithjeb Well-Known Member

depends if you are trying to win or not. it always gives me a boost of confidence - so I try and win as many trackdays as I can.:beer:

3. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Track day tires will last longer than race tires, while still giving good grip and feedback. I've only tried the Diablos but I've heard the Pilot Powers are a good tire as well.

In my experience they work the same as race tires until you start pushing past 90-95%. After that they tend to lose grip easier and slide more than race tires.

I can normally get 7 track days out of a set so they're definitely worth it. You can safely run 1-2 seconds off race pace and be comfortable on them all day.

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

7 trackdays on one set of tires, dayum! What bike you running on these trackdays?

David

5. WERA29

GSX-R600.

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

That ain't bad. I could get 3 trackdyas out of race rubber on the F2 pushing it to 4 iff'n I felt froggy. That's without warmers.

David

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ya just gotta keep in mind, WERA29 is SSSLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW.

8. WERA29

In my best Fernando voice...

It is better to look good than to go fast!

:p

:D

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Well then you are screwed in every way.:D

10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

well its a damn good thing you gotta purty bike then and dont ride with your helmet off then huh? :Poke:

11. WERA29

Both y'all need to kiss this -----> :moon:

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It was just a nice way to say

TOM SUCKS

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn. :D