1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour de Tugaloo

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Oct 14, 2021.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Any WERA peeps cycling in the Tour de Tugaloo out of Toccoa, GA this Saturday? I'll be there on my Carbonbike handcycle. Haven't decided on the 42 mile/2000 ft elevation climb route or the 64 mile/5000 ft elevation climb route yet.

motion, cha0s#242 and t11ravis like this.
  2. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Either is damn good impressive
    Hope you have a good time

50Joe and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Didn't know about that one, sounds cool. I'd probably do the smaller one. 5K ft. is too much for a FL boy.:crackup:
    I'm actually doing a gravel metric with 2K ft. tomorrow in Tallahassee. Kinda worried as I don't have any facial hair nor flannel.

BigBird and 50Joe like this.
  4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Gravel metric with 2k ft will be a really good workout. Enjoy!

t11ravis likes this.
  5. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

@50Joe how did the last one you posted about go?

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Geez, I've done a lot of rides trying to get back what I lost from my two surgeries this Spring and Summer so I'm not exactly sure which ride you are referring to. But, I've had all good rides when I have been able to go out. My recovery has come along much better than expected and my power numbers on the bike are climbing back pretty quickly. Just did a 2 hr 22 minute ride yesterday and averaged 102 watts which is pretty decent for a handcyclist of my size.

BigBird, t11ravis, Ducati89 and 2 others like this.
  7. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I think he was asking about the mountain bike course that’s super muddy. If not, I’d be interested to hear how that one went. It was a crazy ride, super popular and I can remember the name right now.

vfrket likes this.
  8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

:stupid:

:beer:

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Joe do you live in Ga.?
    I was wondering how your surgeries were helping you.
    I hope you keep progressing!

50Joe likes this.
  10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm near Greenville, SC. Surgeries were unexpected but behind me now and my recovery has gone very well. I attribute that to light exercise at first and I've been transitioning to a plant based diet. I'm still moving toward that but I've already noticed my energy level going up.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Ahh. That was the big Unbound Gravel race in Emporia, KS. I had to defer my entry to 2022 due to unexpected medical issues. I'm past those issues but my power on the bike took a big hit so I'm now back training to get that back. I also dropped a lot of weight I really didn't have to spare too. It will take me all winter to get back to where I was but I have the time and motivation. I plan to be stronger and lighter than I was on March 31, 2021. That was when I had done my last FTP test before my issues and had an awesome test from last years winter training plan. I've got a very solid base to build off of. I mainly need to work on VO2 Max and interval training.

vfrket likes this.
  12. WTF, why didn’t you let me know? I was actually at the country club hitting balls.

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

First time doing this ride and didn't know what to expect. Drove in, rode, and drove home. The ride was deceptively hard and I was pretty wiped out when done. The real bummer was the ride was about 95% on shitty SC roads. We grouped up at Yonah Dam Park, rode a few miles down the road and then crossed into SC for almost all of it. Still a good event though and pretty country out there.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.