1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gun Maverick.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, May 28, 2022.

1. Saw it over the weekend, I thought it was good but not great.

mattys281-2 likes this.
  2. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

And whats the first movie based on!? Stopping distribution and banning sequals will minimize financial gain, so minimizing the money grab there, they are owed, paramount tried to avoid paying and now will pay many times what they originally would have.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually paid for a real movie theater and enjoyed it. Really impressed overall at how the continued from the first without being a total idiotic remake or the like.

Also happy the tickets only cot $5 for a matinee in Vegas :crackup:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So far, this might be the most critical review in the whole thread. Sounds like a solid movie. :D

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

You sound so confident….

6. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Movie was done before 2020 just not distributed. They were supposed to release it that summer.

zx6rfool likes this.
  7. I think the wife was pissed I didn’t think it was great. She asked if I was paying attention during the movie, my response was “yes and that’s why I didn’t think it was that good”. :)

R1M370 likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Risking five bucks isn’t a great endorsement of your confidence level going in. LOL

TurboBlew and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  9. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Had to check that, yea, says they finished filiming in April 2019, in which case the family has no case IMO.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sounds average at best. Two thumbs sideways. :D

11. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Tiny bits of realism that a pilot would recognize. 1688 is the standard laser code for laser-guided bombs. Maverick giving the "I can't communicate" tap of the helmet and thumbs-down to the enemy pilot. Did anyone notice the Tom Cruise bobblehead?

As a note, there is absolutely none of the shit-talking they show in the airborne training scenes. The general rule is to stay off the radio unless you have something important to say. That being said, you can still have a little fun with it. There is a standard call to announce you've achieved a weapons solution and "shot down" an adversary. "Kill, hornet, left turn, 15 thousand, ten north bull." You can play it two ways. Fill your voice with derision and disgust, like you're mortified that an aeronautical genius like yourself has been tasked with ridding the world of this vermin. Or with a bored sigh, like you've shot down so many planes that it's all getting a bit dreary.

Senna, shakazulu12 and prm like this.
  12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

And what about those helmets?! Nobody is wearing those anymore for anything remotely real.

Jim Moore likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, it's much more about me being cheap. That and I like watching movies in my own chair with a pause button.

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

And subtitles for me. My hearing is shot.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

[​IMG]

Monsterdood likes this.
  16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

What about asking the tower for a flyby? ;)

Jim Moore likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Negative, Ghostrider. The pattern is full.

sharkattack and Jim Moore like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What are you talking about, Rockefeller? $5 is 5 bucks, big bucks and no whammies! :D

G 97 and Motofun352 like this.
  19. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I still say "Negative Ghostrider" when my kids ask for something. I really need to grow up. I'm 61 years old, but I swear my brain stopped maturing at about age 25.

Gino230, BigBird, Bugslayer and 6 others like this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Me too, but no kids, and replace "25" with "14."

Gino230, BigBird, Bugslayer and 4 others like this.