1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gun Maverick.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, May 28, 2022.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

See that's the stuff that me being a layman wouldnt know real vs made up. It all sounded legit, but... Mav couldve said shit like: "Roger Frankie Whiskey Fridgedaire... you got a rain check on your lateral and he's one step away from a Disney Monorail ride. Saddle up and work your Runabout and I'll clear your baffles..." and I'd never had known.

Zoomie, BigBird, YamahaRick and 6 others like this.
  2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

you just made me spit my milk all over my fiancé

pjzocc likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

We saw it today and the look on his face and his fist raised in the air at the end of the motorcycle chase was definitely worth the (ridiculously high) price of admission, popcorn and soda :) Movie wasn't half bad either, with my expectations and all.

sharkattack likes this.
  4. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I saw it at a big AMC complex directly across the highway from the huge Lockheed plant that build the F35 for $7 on a Saturday night. Had not been to a movie in 10 years and could not believe how cheap it was

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, I was ecstatic at a $5 matinee.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, but you are easily amused.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And cheap.

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I wanted to go again in IMAX, but as others have discovered, Jurrasic Park is now showing. Which, meh. The upcoming Brad Pitt movie looks entertaining though.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The one where he's playing a troubled, flawed good guy who has to be a bad guy to get through it, peppered with inane one-liners and some random hot chick?

Dude's got range...

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It will have to do until the next John Wick comes out:crackup:

cav115 and auminer like this.
  11. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Finally got to see it today with the wife, daughter and my 5 year old son. He's a HUGE airplane fan, has 24 jets and airplanes hanging up on his bedroom ceiling. He sat in my lap for most of the movie, kid who normally can't sit still for 30 seconds was glued to the screen. Had to be one of the best father's days ever. Epic movie.

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Lockheed charged us a lot more for that jet than 7 dollars, amigo.

BigBird and Senna like this.
  13. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

From what I remember, there’s context behind his rant. This was after the 3rd time production was shut down to Covid and these group of guys were asked multiple times to put the masks on and wouldn’t. Millions of dollars are lost each time production is shut down and they couldn’t really risk another shut down.

BigBird and cav115 like this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes, and also, he’s a producer of the film IIRC…

15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Finally got to see it. Loved it!

I could write forever on it, but I'm reminded of something.........

An R1 is a lot closer to an M1 than a 172 is to an F-18. And that is one of many reasons I raced motorcycles.

BigBird likes this.
  16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Okay...been waiting for years to see this, and hoping it would be good. I remember opening night of Top Gun, where afterwards as a young teenager who just watched a propoganda film, with a sexy ♥️Hot older woman...I & my teenage friends .."piloting" my 68 Charger..WAY too fast & aggressive...sure felt like a F-14..Well like hit a dip in the road SOoooo hard I ripped the sway bar off!! Sheared the bolt fight out!! all while we all bounced off the roof.
    So I was hoping the new movie would have that same inspiration
    Okay...here's my critique.
    1.) Sure delivers on all counts (for entertainment) checks all the boxes. Even..Jennifer Connolly..is (every dudes our age) NO LONGER HOT OLDER WOMAN, BUT PERHAPS NOW A DECADE YOUNGER ideal Uber sexy, Hot Mom..

2.) NOW, mature view thoughts..of movie as a whole..creativity, piss poor
    I'd give it a 2-10.

It's basically the EXACT SAME damn movie...It's the same movie. May as well just been a remake.

Yeah I get it..action movie...but The creativity...was just awful.
    A.)Same K.Loggins song..really
    B.)Same motorcycle.
    C.) Exact Same motorcycle sequences.

D.) Same bar .Same Piano.
    E.) Sane Jerry Lee Lewis, "Great Balls of Fire"SERIOUSLY There's NO way a bunch of 20 year olds are gathering around a piano..and all know that song .NOPE..NO WAY!!...So horribly corny.
    F.) Hot girl.. Still Drives a PORSCHE...
    G ) On the same streets...even possibly the same apt??.
    H.) Dear Lord...even the same level of overabundance of overbearing Straight/Gay testosterone..between the two male leads.....
    I.) The emotional drama of Gooses death..just rehashed into Iceman's death.

Is what it is..but probably wrote the script in a afternoon?
    Crazy how the movie will make a Billion dollars ...Cruise be sure to be laughing all the way to the bank.. as hrs one of the last old school actors (he gets paid before the studios see 1 penny )!!
    BUT however much I hate the artistic and creative rehash... YOU GOT TO LOVE THE MOVIE AND RECOMMEND IT FOR PURE FEEL GOOD FUN..✌️

Just don't get me started on the Abrams /Disney Star wars reboot.All that was 1977 Star wars completely ripped off again... Billions earned off of nothing new or given..
    Wish I could get that lucky

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    R1Racer99 likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What?

bleacht likes this.
  18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Same guy with a blow-up hot tub :D

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Corrected.

bleacht, Boman Forklift and auminer like this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup::crackup::crackup: