1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gun Maverick.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, May 28, 2022.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

YamahaRick likes this.
  2. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

After I retired from the USMC I taught as a sub for awhile. Sitting in the cafeteria one day and a fight breaks out between two girls. Was my first thought to break up the fight? No. It was, "Girlfight! Cool!"

YamahaRick and auminer like this.
  3. mattys281-2

mattys281-2 Well-Known Member

+1
    it was worth the ticket price, I enjoyed it. Did not leave with the feeling of having just seen something remarkable. I think so many people want to talk about what a great movie it is just because it’s not full of woke BS and also possibly the only movie of the last decade that isn’t just essentially a 90 minute advertisement for comic book or star wars toys

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I saw it last week. It is one of the few sequels that actually lives up to the original. It had some memberberries without just remaking the same movie again (Star Wars getting some serious side eye here...). I might actually like the sequel more than the original, but it's close either way.

hotnail likes this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don't remember the original, other than Goose dying (sorry for the spoiler).
    I get very bored with action movies with little/no storyline character development (and hate superhero movies)
    Top Gun Maverick had an okay storyline/character development.
    I loved it. I left with a big smile on my face and immediately texted Dad to tell him to go watch it. It's the definition of a feel good, fun movie. I'll almost certainly take my wife to go see it when I get back in town.

RRP and Senna like this.
  6. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

Finally saw it. Decided to shut my brain down and expect nothing but fuck me it hit the right spots. It almost made me want to re-enlist.

BigBird likes this.
  7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I took the wife over the weekend and I concur it was really good and exceeded my expectations.

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

All quality.

But you left out Career Opportunities.

And there are even better pics out there.

britx303 likes this.
  9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I finally took my wife out to see it last Sunday. Can't say it exceeded my expectations but you guys talked it up so much that would be quite difficult. There were a few overdone cliché parts I could have done without but I definitely left the theater feeling like I'd been entertained.

RRP likes this.
  10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Oh yeah, when she was locked in Target??? Thats when we all first realised how nice "they" were :Putter:

ChemGuy likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That better be a racing video when I click on it in a few...

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I saw helmets. Must be.

Senna and ToofPic like this.
  13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Damnit! It was funny and as stated below there were motorcycle helmets in the jets..
    I await your final approval and 5 page lower case apology letter .
    Love you :beer:

14. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Okay so I went and watched it again in RPX at a Regal cinema. Holy fuckballs I needed to take some ibuprofen after that. You sit on a row with 5 or 6 other dimwits and get the full "immersive" experience. That means the row is on pistons and tosses you around based on movie sequences. Random puffs of air get shot beside your ears and the backs of your legs (flare scenes!), some mysterious bastard inside the seat punches you in the spine for those SURPRISE!! moments. There are some slightly hidden giant ass fans in the corners of the theater that create a wind effect, you get water misting to your face, smoke effects, smell-o-vision etc. etc.

Imo it kinda takes away from the actual movie so I'm glad I watched it regular style the first time. It was, however, a fun experience. Definitely don't bring an open drink or food cause you'll be wearing it by the end of the movie.

BigBird, noles19 and Senna like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's a good movie.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It like a Disney ride from the early 2000s, so I agree with what you said:crackup:

stk0308 likes this.
  18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If I ever want to see Top Gun stuff, I just look at the wall in my dad’s office - he has more than a few real Top Gun trophies in there.

My dad would’ve kicked Mav’s ass.

:D :D

I saw the first film in theater with him when I was still single digits old. During the opening carrier scene, I still remember how he quietly explained everything: what the lawyers on the fan tail (landing signal officers) were doing, what the different colored vests meant, how the approach is always into the wind, but at a shallower glide path because you needed the extra speed in case you missed the cables - everything that was going on. I remember the dude behind us being annoyed at first with the talking, but then realizing the guy in front of him knew his shit and started listening in.

We’ll be taking the boy to see it this weekend and, hopefully, not annoy anyone with quiet explanations.

Zoomie, cav115, Monsterdood and 2 others like this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Anyone see it in "Screen X" format? Is it worth $20.00?

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We saw it last night. I thought it was OK, but not great. Just another Tom Cruise self-fluff movie made for the mindless masses. Good entertainment, but I didn't learn anything worthwhile or come away with any new perspective.