1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear ??

Discussion in 'General' started by Harry V. III, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

I don't post much - but I do check in from time to time. I wanted to know if anyone here ever watches - "TOP GEAR" - on BBC America. If not, check it out....I think this crowd would love it ! And yes, Cobb, it is NOT an American show, sorry;)

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Favorite episode is the Ariel Atom. I think it's still their favorite car. It gets cheesy when they're not thrashing supercars around though.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Only show I tune into every week.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

damn, if Dave K likes it, perhaps it's not that bad! I'll check it out tonight :up:

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Awesome show and some new episodes are coming within the next week or so. Love it! Even if Clarkson hates motorcycles...........

The Hamster is a rider. Usually wears a Dianese jacket.

Loved the limo episode, the boat episode.......dang, there aren't many I dont like.

7. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

The first time I watched it - they were in America and had to buy 3 cars for $1,000 each in Miami and drive them to New Orleans. And live to tell it !!
    Funniest thing I have ever sceen on TV. No American network would have had the balls to air it.

8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

True but I have to say that that episode made me ashamed to live in the south:(
    Brilliant show. I think I like the ridiculous skits as much as the car test. Also, getting celebs to do a lap and see them swearing in the car is fantastic.
    Cheers, Lee S.

9. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

I love the episode where they each buy $1000 cars to drive from south florida to New Orleans... When they're going thru....alabama i think....they almost get mauled...one of the best series shows i've ever seen.

10. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel Well-Known Member

What day and time is it on?

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Why?

My favorite has to be the Mercedes that Jeremy customized with the cottage theme, complete with wingback chair and fireplace. "Regain control of the vehicle, please". :crackup:

12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Unfortunately there's an American version coming...it will suck!

13. funksouljon

funksouljon Well-Known Member

When they evaled the 3 different delivery trucks was amusing and the one when they raced the RVs was funny as hell as they shredded them.

14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

They've done an episode with Lewis Hamilton that hasn't aired over here yet. I'm looking forward to that one and his lap times in the "reasonably-priced car". :D

15. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

Without a doubt one of my favorite shows!!

I like when they show the Stig rippping around the track listening to the foreign language discs! :crackup:

One of the episodes that cracked me up was the caravan one, where they drove up and "camped" for the weekend. Of course hilarity and hijinx ensued, what with the smashing of the caravan, the scrolling sign in the back window :D , and the fire that not only destroyed the lads "home" but took out the neighbors as well!! :crackup:

16. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

It's great. One of the few shows I care to program into my DVR. The expensive stuff these guys damage or destroy in the course of testing is beyond comprehension too.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I liked watching them try to destroy that little pu truck. Flooded, burned. dropped and still worked.

19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That show rocks!!

20. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

I just had time to watch the vids that were posted. I hadn't seen the Atom episode before. WOW! What a rad little car! I want one! :wow:

And I loved the Bugatti. I've seen that one a couple of times, and just watched it again!

Of course as some of you may know, I'm a bit partial to the Greyhound dog (having two of 'em myself). Here's a favorite clip of mine......Mazda Mx-5 vs. a greyhound!

THis one is just the car vs. dog but the quality isn't as good.
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/74370/car_vs_greyhound/

This one is the whole segment with the car review. The dog part starts around the 4:45 mark. The video quality seems much better.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0tEX8ChhPw